🇰🇷 🇯🇵 Home Thread for 後宮の烏 / 후궁의 까마귀 🪶 👩

Wow, thank you! I’ve added it to the home post!

2 Likes

Week 3 is up! A bit later than usual, sorry.

3 Likes

Week 4 is also a bit late :eyes:

2 Likes

I’m going to blame it on forum issues this time. :rofl: Will be up in a few minutes!

Edit: wait, am I off by a full week? D: Aaagh, I’m so sorry if so! I’ve been moving to a new team at work and must’ve just completely lost track of time…

2 Likes

Week 4!

Gah. Alrighty, I just realized I have no start dates in the schedule up above; I’m slacking…

2 Likes

My paper copy pagination is almost the same as this (writing it down for my future reference):

1: 28
2: 47
3: 65
4: 84
5: 113
6: 132
7: 160
8: 190
9: 219
10: 242
11: 280
12: 318

5 Likes

Week 5! And this time not posted 4 days into the week!

6 Likes

I went ahead and finished the first chapter.
However this is where I bail - I love the book but I need to take a break and read something simpler for a while. If I push myself too much I’ll get burnout.

My plan is to come back to this later in the year. I think the end of the first chapter is a good spot to take a break :grin:

7 Likes

You are 1.5 weeks ahead. I think you could just slow down :upside_down_face:

But yes, not burning out is important.

7 Likes

Thank you :grin:

I purposely pushed ahead to the end of chapter 1 because i wanted to reach a stopping point.

I’ll look forward to reading from chapter 2 onwards in a few months time.

7 Likes

Week 6 has been posted!

4 Likes

Week 7’s up!

4 Likes

Week 8 is open:

4 Likes

Week 9 is open!

3 Likes

Week 10 is here:

3 Likes

Second-to-last week! We’re almost there!

4 Likes

It’s the final week! Congrats to all who made it!

4 Likes

Closing Polls
As usual, I’d like to do some closing polls, just to hear people’s opinions on the book.

Did you enjoy reading 後宮の烏?
  • Yes
  • It was so-so
  • No
0 voters
Do you think you’ll continue reading further LN volumes of 後宮の烏?
  • Yes, and I would participate in a spin-off book club continuing the series
  • Yes, but I’ll be doing it solo on my own time
  • Yes, but by watching the anime
  • No
0 voters
4 Likes

I will admit I didn’t yet finish the book, but I already voted as I feel like my impression won’t change much…
I felt like the effort to reward ratio was off in this book, partly due to the tricky vocabulary. The stories can be atmospheric, but the text was so dense at points, I was really working for it and I didn’t feel there was enough pay-off in the stories themselves. The world has the potential to be interesting but I wasn’t really into the characters or the mysteries they’re investigating. Maybe the fact that this is part of a series didn’t help, since I wouldn’t say it fully stood by itself as a satisfying read. Anyway that is just me :woman_shrugging: curious to hear what everyone else thinks!

5 Likes

I enjoyed it, and it was usually the book I picked up and read first every week of the various book club books I was reading in parallel with it. I went into it expecting some of the usual light novel flaws (a certain episodicity, leaving everything open for an indeterminate number of future volumes, etc), so I wasn’t too annoyed by those. I’ll probably read another volume at some point, but not for a while.

7 Likes