5fa56bde-2ab1-4292-bdf6-0f20019630bd

Schedule

Week Start Date Final line Percentage Characters
7 Feb 12 ๆฐ—ใฅใ‹ใชใ‹ใฃใŸใ€‚ 49 61.605

Home thread | week 6 | week 8

Jpdb deck for the book:

Korean vocabulary sheet:

Discussion ground rules

• Any spoilers, for the current chapters must be behind spoilers or detail curtains. When we get further in you donโ€™t need to hide details that were revealed in previous chapters.
  • Always mention where you are in the book when discussing, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if itโ€™s exciting! But please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week :slight_smile:
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That can be part of the discussion too and Iโ€™m sure some folks would be happy to help.
  • Even if you donโ€™t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post in the thread for that reading once you have finished it. I advise not reading ahead in the threads as you may see spoilers.
Character Name Pronunciations
Kanji Reading
่ก›้’ ใˆใ„ใ›ใ„
ๅค้ซ˜ๅณป ใ‹โ€ขใ“ใ†ใ—ใ‚…ใ‚“
ๆŸณๅฏฟ้›ช ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†โ€ขใ˜ใ‚…ใ›ใค
ๆ˜Ÿๆ˜Ÿ ใ‚ทใƒณใ‚ทใƒณ
ไนไน ใ‚ธใ‚ฆใ‚ธใ‚ฆ
่Šฑๅจ˜ ใ‹ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†
่˜‡็ด…ใƒป็ฟน ใใ“ใ† ใŽใ‚‡ใ†
ๆฌง็Ž„ๆœ‰ใƒปๅฎต ใŠใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ‚†ใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†
ๆœˆไธ‹็ฟ ใ’ใฃใ‹ใŠใ†
Are you joining us for week 7?
  • Iโ€™m reading along
  • Iโ€™m just following the discussion :popcorn:
  • Iโ€™m reading, but not at the same pace as the club
0 voters

Only read the first few pages so far, but a few more names for the name pronunciation table:

A character we already know: ไนไน ใ‚ธใ‚ฆใ‚ธใ‚ฆ
And one who I suspect will be prominent this chapter: ่Šฑๅจ˜ ใ‹ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†

4 Likes

Added! Let me know if there are any others youโ€™d like me to add.

1 Like

I started reading and just got to the part where ่Šฑๅจ˜ is explaining her request. Again, we get a something around a ๅฆƒ (former) lover? Thatโ€™s like two out of two.

4 Likes

One more character that would make sense to add to the list:

่˜‡็ด…ใƒป็ฟน ใใ“ใ† ใŽใ‚‡ใ† (not a spoiler, she is here since the last chapter)

Two more characters that are relevant for this story:

ๆฌง็Ž„ๆœ‰ใƒปๅฎต ใŠใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ‚†ใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ† (that being said the ๆฌง seems optional? I donโ€™t really understand if it is really part of the name, or something extra)
ๆœˆไธ‹็ฟ ใ’ใฃใ‹ใŠใ†

4 Likes

I enjoyed the very little โ€œmythologyโ€ we get in this chapter, but just as the previous chapter Iโ€™m not super invested in the mystery.
Iโ€™m guessing the โ€œbig badโ€ will be whatever is behind ๅฏฟ้›ชโ€™s magic.
Sheโ€™s been living almost all alone, avoids people and drama, tries not to sympathize deeply, and she even says flowers wonโ€™t grow in her palace?

6 Likes