🍭 ふしぎ駄菓子屋 銭天堂 👵 이상한 과자 가게 전천당 🍬 Home Thread

I’ll take a look at this soon!

1 Like

Joining this club as I’m already reading this on the Kindle.

3 Likes

As it’s the 22nd here, I’ve begun reading.

It would be useful for the ‘read up to’ sections to have an approximate percentage for e-book readers I think. I believe section one ends at the 4.24% mark in Japanese. (I think percentage based should be roughly equivalent for all digital versions in whatever format?)

5 Likes

@Jintor The :jp: digital info wasn’t included because I didn’t have access to it; if you (or anyone else) want to look up the weekly %s, I can update the reading schedule to include them. :grinning:

7 Likes

I will also be reading probably ahead of the book club and can also give percentages if we’re missing them.

5 Likes
3 Likes

I have finished the first volume.

3 Likes

I noticed that this has no book club label on Natively. Has someone already requested it?

1 Like

Both books have it now. :smiling_face:

1 Like

For the Japanese audiobook Week 2 ends at 20.33 and the end of the chapter is marked but for completeness 29.36.

3 Likes

Thank you! I’ve updated the table. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

My copy of the guidebook arrived today and it is so fun!

Here is how it is arranged
  • There are maps and character bios at the front in color. I really like them and am personally happy to have them, but FYI I’d say these are probably minor spoilers (I don’t know yet when/if/how they might be introduced in stories), depending on whether you think knowing of a place or character’s existence is a spoiler.
  • Then there is a major section with a page per sweet from the first 12 or so books. The introduction suggests reading these after you have read the actual stories. I read the page for Ch 1’s sweet and would agree as it is a mini summary of the character’s problem, the sweet, and a bit about what can go wrong with that sweet. I’ll be reading these after every couple of chapters. But this section might be helpful, for example, if I decide to listen to an audio book of a future book in the series, and not buy the book, this could help me with key vocab and not getting totally lost. That is roughly the first half of the book.
  • After that in the second half there are a few more stories (so getting this book is like buying half of a sequel with 3 instead of 6 stories), a couple of manga (additional stories?), some diary entries from the shop owner’s cat :heart_eyes_cat: scattered throughout, and a couple of other chapter’s I’m not entirely sure what they are until I read them.

I’m really happy to have it!

9 Likes

If you don’t mind potential spoilers, there’s a 31-page preview of the guidebook on Bookwalker.

4 Likes

I just found the Korean version!

3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

I’m just now realizing that I didn’t finish last week’s reading. Here’s to reading both that and this week’s in time!

5 Likes

I didn’t manage to do last weeks reading and this weeks isn’t looking great either :sweat_smile:

5 Likes