恐ろしい怪物が平然とクラスに溶け込んでいた――そんなのって超憧れる!!
ゼッタイ高橋さんと友達になりたい!!

伊藤さんは化け物の高橋さんから、人間社会の“フツー”を教わることに。
浮かれる伊藤さんだが、高橋さんには、ある思惑が……。

異才作家×「幼女戦記」の気鋭イラストレーターのタッグが放つ
青春の焦燥と憧憬が入り乱れて加速するオトメ暴走譚!

Summary - English

DeepL translation since I’m too lazy to translate on my own:
This is a tale of runaway otome that accelerates as the frustrations and yearnings of adolescence mix and mingle!

Ito, who is not good at interpersonal relationships
Ito, who is not good at social interaction, envies her classmate, Takahashi, who is reserved but gets along with everyone.
One day, Ito witnesses Takahashi swallowing a person whole.
Takahashi was a monster that mimicked human beings!

A terrifying monster blends in with the class without a care in the world.
I definitely want to be friends with Takahashi!

Ito learns about the “normal” human society from the monster, Takahashi.
Ito is elated, but Takahashi has an agenda.

The tag team of a gifted writer and an up-and-coming illustrator of “Jujo Senki” unleashes the frustrations and yearnings of youth.
A tale of a runaway otome whose youthful impatience and longing are mixed up and accelerate!

Content warnings

Horror genre

Reason(s) for nominating: Love the questionable romance section of the horror genre and really really want to try this one

in case it explains anything I’m a big 光が死んだ夏 fan :crazy_face:

8 Likes

Whoa, this looks pretty interesting. :open_mouth:

1 Like

2 Likes

That summary took quite the turn :joy:

2 Likes

I…
wut? :joy_cat:

2 Likes

Should failed nominations automatically move to the next cycle as nominations?

• yes
  • no
0 voters

If nominations are to automatically move to the next cycle, should a number of previous nominations be dropped?

• yes
  • no
0 voters

If yes, by what condition?

• yes, nominations that don’t get any votes
  • yes, the last placed x number of nominations
  • yes, by voting a number of x nominations out by a poll
  • yes, nominations with fewer then x votes
  • I said NO
0 voters

x = ?

• if nominations > 10 then x = 6
  • x = 5
  • x = 3
  • no such thing as x, math is a made up social construction that no one actually uses IRL
0 voters
1 Like

Are “failed nominations” all the nominations that didn’t get picked?

3 Likes

From the context of the BL club (where we had similar polls), then yes.

3 Likes

I copied the entire concept from there so yes lmao

3 Likes

Given how few nominations are have rn, I don’t think it makes sense to worry about dropping (20 is the limit, right?). Probably I wouldn’t drop anything from next round, until there’s at least 12 nominations.

At that point I’d say drop max 3, then at 15, max 5. Just my 2 cents though, feel free to ignore

7 Likes

Title: 君と綴るうたかた 1 | L24
Book type: manga
Available formats: physical / ebook

Summary - Japanese

人との接点を避けて生きている
女子高生·星川雫は、
誰にも見せずに執筆していた小説をクラスメイトの 朝香夏織に見られてしまう。
作品を朝笑されると怯える雫だったが、 小説を読んだ夏織からは
全く予想していない感想が飛び出してきて…。
物語を通してつながる少女ニ人の、
甘く切ないひと夏だけの恋人ごっこ

Summary - English

The self-conscious Shizuku Hoshikawa is on her way to dispose of her first and last novel. But before she can do so, the charismatic Kaori Asaka bumps into her and ends up taking the novel home. This turn of events greatly distresses Shizuku, as she does not want anyone to read the depressing story she wrote for her own satisfaction.

Initially expecting the worst, Shizuku finds herself in tears of joy when Kaori tells her the novel deeply moved her. Kaori wishes to read more of her stories, but as Shizuku did not plan on writing anything else, she has no idea what to write. As a result, Kaori comes up with a bizarre suggestion—their love.

Shizuku is skeptical of Kaori’s intention and somewhat uneasy about what secrets she may be hiding behind her smile. Nevertheless, the two begin their odd summer vacation in pursuit of their own love story.

Content warnings

Reason(s) for nominating: it sounds interesting, and has been on my wishlist for ages. Also pretty cover.

7 Likes

my dear Luna, we practically own the nominations by now :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
we even gave them a chance :sob:

3 Likes

Title: 君に紡ぐ傍白 1 | L20
Available formats: physical / ebook - Fully Colored!!

Summary - Japanese

夢を諦め新たな生活を送る遥香
夢を追い舞台に立ち続ける菜央
舞台というものにそれぞれ真逆の想いを持つふたりが
出会い惹かれ合っていく
言えない想いと聞けない言葉を隠しながら…。

隠された過去が交錯するフルカラーラブストーリー。

Summary - English

Two college students with a shared dream and opposite paths collide–will their ambitions bring them together or pull them apart? Haruka has abandoned her dreams of the theater, but finds herself still haunted by memories. Meanwhile, Nao chases her aspirations for the stage head-on, refusing to back down or let obstacles obscure her way. When the lives of these two women cross, despite their contrary feelings, they end up entangled…as romance sparks between them.

Content warnings

Reason(s) for nominating: I love the art style. It’s Fully Colored!! Characters are college age. It’s fast paced and wholesome. It’s not a “will they or won’t they” story, nor a “we have to keep it a secret story”, but a story of two college girls with a very wonderful relationship. Lots of 胸がドキドキ moments!

8 Likes

Who knows - maybe we’ll get some more contenders :sweat_smile:. In any case, that’s my final nomination for this round!

2 Likes

you’ve absolutely inspired me :pinched_fingers: :clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

Title: 作りたい女と食べたい女
Available formats: physical / ebook

Summary - Japanese

ひとり暮らしで少食だし、作ったところで食べきれない。
でも、本当はもっと作りたい!

料理が大好きな野本さんは、そんな想いと職場のストレスから、
うっかり一人で食べきれないほどご飯を作ってしまう。

そんなとき、お隣のお隣に住む春日さんのことを思い出して
勇気を出して夕食に誘ってみると…?

Summary - English

Cooking is how Nomoto de-stresses, but one day, she makes way more than she can eat by herself. And so she invites her neighbor Kasuga, who also lives alone. What will come out of this dinner invitation?

Content warnings

Reason(s) for nominating: An adorable manga I’ve heard several praises of and have been meaning to read for quite some time now

6 Likes

Weird for some reason or another I already own half of these digitally

6 Likes

as expected of the Yuri Master

2 Likes

Again one day I will actually be able to read them (with the help of the book club???)

5 Likes

I’m slowly working through all the short films I found and just gonna drop this one here (it’s only 6 min):

7 Likes