Yuri/GL/wlw book club - Reading: アステリズムに花束を 百合SFアンソロジー

Last day everybody! VOTING TOMORROW! WAKEY WAKEY YOUR NOMINATION BUDS!

edit: this site does not accept all caps sentences, it is capital discriminatory

8 Likes

CAN I HACK IT BY USING USELESS HTML TAGS?
EDIT: I ABSOLUTELY CAN!

9 Likes

WELL DONE

EDIT: UR A GENIUS

6 Likes

Should we open a new topic for each book or should we just continue discussing in here?

• stay here
0 voters

If in a new topic, should each week have it’s own topic automatically or do we adjust to each book if we need a weekly topic or one main?

• new weekly topic
  • adjust to what we read
0 voters

(my thought with the second poll is that in manga, or if we decide to read a very short one shot, we won’t necessarily need or want to separate the weeks, of course it’s only my very inexperienced with book clubs thought so it doesn’t weight much but might as well poll since polls are fun :crazy_face:)

3 Likes

New topic linked in OP. The way I’ve seen other book clubs do it is a Home Thread for that book, and then a new thread each week, for the assigned portion. The links to the weekly threads get posted in the Home Thread iirc

5 Likes
1 Like

roger :saluting_face:

novels in general I kinda get but I personally feel like in manga it’s not as necessary? :thinking:
I’ll make a poll again lol

2 Likes

Stuff’s going to get lost real fast if you keep multiple book discussion threads in one, imo. Depending on reading speed/pace I could see having one thread per manga volume, but I normally wouldn’t keep multiple series in one thread.

3 Likes

Yeah each picked book/series getting its own home thread and then readers of that book voting on whether everything just goes in the home thread or if each week gets a separate thread is probably the best way to go

2 Likes

I am so sorry to those who voted, I honestly didn’t know that adding a name tag will delete everything (it makes sense that it will, not sure why I didn;t consider that lmao)

2 Likes

so VOTING IS OFFICIALLY HERE :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada:

a reminder that you can vote up to 5 nominations!
if you can try to do so since now that we have more then 10 nominations each votes matters :crazy_face: :joy: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I gotta say, it’s nice that most of the nominations are manga; I like voting on shorter things for once.

4 Likes

I think it’s worth having the weekly threads to avoid spoilers, and so people who join late or read at their own pace have a structure.

I wonder what the pacing will be like with manga… I’ve only tried LN & VN clubs so far

2 Likes

so far the “adjust” is winning (only 3 people though lmao) so I guess we’ll wait and see how it goes either way

I’m guessing depending on how long chapters and the difficulty are it won’t be more then a chapter or 2 a week :thinking:

1 Like

In my experience, it usually works out that if the chapters are shorter, it’s 2/week, but if they’re longer, it’s 1/week, and if the first chapter is particularly long it might get split over 2. It depends on how the participants vote, though.

3 Likes

I thought the style of the cover art on this book looked familiar, and I finally realized today that it reminded me of ともだち同盟 | L30??, a book I heard about from a YouTube clip ages ago and know nothing about. But, I think I was right to associate them, since one of the short stories is by the same author! I know nothing about either book but this one gets my vote by “degrees of separation from my want to read list” :laughing:

4 Likes

Should tied nominations for removal all be removed?

• Yes
  • No, we should vote for what will be removed
  • No, I have another idea (and will reply with it or send you a message about it)
0 voters

Should removed nominations have a cooling period before they can be nominated again?

• Yes, at least 1 cycle
  • Yes, at least 2 cycles
  • No
0 voters

I probably wouldn’t remove anything since there are already 8 slots for new nominations.

3 Likes

I’m honestly half half on the matter
on one hand I get why 8 nominations suddenly disappearing is a lot
on the other hand I honestly feel like we might not get anything new or be able to refresh things properly for anyone joining in the middle if we don’t remove things to some degree

in that sense I personally feel like removing just in case and letting it be renominated next time is a better compromise (hence I changed my vote from “at least 1 cycle” to “no”)

2 Likes

Why 8? Didn’t the previous poll indicate to only remove ones with no votes? Or ones with 3 or fewer votes?

1 Like