👷 🚧 Infrastructure Overhaul! Report newly broken functionality here! 🔥 🚒

Good news! I was able to figure out my previous issues with the flash of unstyled content earlier in the day… and now i’ve removed the long loader. The book / tv / movie pages should be speedy now :slight_smile:

Still need to fix some of those outstanding issues you all mentioned, but that’s for tomorrow… and probably adding search.

Btw @Megumin / @nativelearner , you all have a book link for that html in the blurbs bug?

6 Likes

Here are two of them

EDIT: oof also the rendering is screwed :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Suddenly unable to review a book I’ve read… Just finished Mob Psycho 7 and where the review button should be it’s just not there

I’m on Windows 10, Firefox browser

3 Likes

You can use that button until @brandon gets around fixing that.

4 Likes

Gotcha, thank you!

3 Likes

TIL there’s a way to add reviews that isn’t that button :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Now I see the actual page for a second, and then it switches to the error page. I’m on an Android phone, on chrome.

Same issue, no url, just changes the screen and disappears when the page is refreshed although refreshing doesn’t fix it, just visually clears the message.

Looks like Audiobook.jp links aren’t auto-formatting anymore:

Edit: maybe it’s just for this book? (器量のぞみ | L30 | Natively) I added an audiobook.jp link for another title and it seemed to format fine…

1 Like

The switch to Japanese is still happening, but I can see activities now.

I’m also getting the switch to Japanese, but wow everything is so much faster :star_struck:

1 Like

Can you provide the console information?
It will help @brandon troubleshoot.

Control + Shift + I, go to the Console Log tab, then go to the link/page producing the error.

Console log looks like this:

2 Likes

@HopeWaterfall @joreneereads ugh! Sorry about that. I was just trying to fix it, but i’m too darn tired… it’ll have to wait til morning :cry:

There’s no real workaround until i fix, the language just will be broken for non-japanese items, which will break all sorts of things on the items page :melting_face:

4 Likes

Take a rest. It seems like you’ve had a long day. :sweat_smile:

Here is my console output for the same issue.

Most of those warnings/errors appear when first loading the page. The “window.gs” error only appears once I try to pull up the data manager.

It seems to be happening to all books that I checked. It also only seems to be happening on the original language blurbs, not the translated blurbs.
姫乃ちゃんに恋はまだ早い 2 | L16 | Natively is where I first saw it and the data manager bug.

2 Likes

It shows me episodes I already watched as not watched and I can’t mark anything as finished. Only seems to be an issue with this particular show and season. :melting_face:

2 Likes

This is also happening for me on Firefox. The popup on my home page seems to work, but not on the book page.

1 Like

Where a book blurb has a source it is displayed as “(Source: Amazon</a>)” with a literal closing tag and no hyperlink. Example: 黒い森の記憶 | L28 | Natively JP blurb.

Strangely it’s fine for me both on mobile and desktop:

All episodes appear as “Not Watched”, regardless of show and status.

Example:

2 Likes

Browser specific, maybe? This is Firefox for Android:

3 Likes