ライトノベル読書会 📚 Light Novel Book Club | Next Book Apr 1

Alright folks, things should be updated in the home post and nomination post now. Big thanks to @Naphthalene for helping me while I was traveling!

We have 8 nomination slots open, but given our delayed start of the next book (we will officially start on January 1, perfect for all your bingo needs), no nominations will be accepted going forward until we’re a bit closer to voting on the book after Raven, just to keep things fresh and open for those who may join the club later.

6 Likes

What’s the KR link for 後宮の烏?

KR Book Club list needs updating.

1 Like

17 :point_up_2:

3 Likes

Guess it’s pending the natively link then.

1 Like

I’ll add the Korean versions to Natively (dunno why I didn’t at the time :sweat_smile:).

2 Likes

So I was going to ask about this when we got closer - do we want to do the multilingual club again? I figure in the long run it doesn’t make much difference; just a different forum to post it on and a bit more setup in terms of planning.

1 Like

I guess, if there’s the possibility and one of the peeps that does KR helps set-up shouldn’t be too much trouble and a net benefit for those who want to join on that side as well?

I can’t read at all, so I’m completely lost. It will be fun if I visit Korea in January.

1 Like

I’ll attempt the Korean version - the Japanese is too far above my current level. :sweat_smile:

Just bought it on ridibooks! :+1:

4 Likes

Do you want to update the KR Book Club list or should I do it?

Just so we don’t step on each other.

I’ll leave it to you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Alright multi-lingual (master list), and :kr: thread updated.

Pending to add home thread and tag, once we are closer to the start date.
But adding makes it for a heads up for those who stumble upon those thread lists.

3 Likes

I just found 後宮の烏 in book off in Kyoto, so looking forward to joining this :heart_eyes: (it never ceases to amaze how I can stumble across books I want in Book Off, even when I forget the author’s name and browse at random… It’s probably a good thing book off isn’t in my country!)

12 Likes

Hey everyone :slight_smile: I guess I’ll join into this as well, I enjoy the setting and themes, so shoulda be a fun journey.

8 Likes

Is there a set start date for 後宮の烏 at this point?

2 Likes

January 1!

5 Likes

Now that we have German, I did a quick search since I was curious if I could find 後宮の烏 in German, but it appears no luck. Granted, we’re very unlikely to have German learners joining in like, a week, haha.

And speaking of which, does anyone have page numbers/page breaks they can check into over the next week? I won’t be participating with this book, so I have no copy.

3 Likes

only have the ebook and taking a quick look, the chapters are very long. :melting_face:
what sort of pace are you looking at? I think 本好き was doing around 10k characters per week. 後宮の烏 is ~120k characters long.

It seems there are natural breaks every 8-10k characters for the first chapter and every 10-12k for the next chapters. The last chapter could be split into 2 15k parts, if I got my maths right. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I need to set up the home thread/some polls. I suppose let’s offer some choices between an 8-11 week schedule and see what works for everyone?

The splits you mentioned might be nice; a bit less for the beginning, then ramping up near the end.

4 Likes
Week Final line Percentage Characters
1 高峻はすこしばかり面食らったようだった。 7 8.833
2 九九がぽかんとしてそれを眺めていた。 13 16.438
3 眺めていた。 19 23.957
4 目の前で揺らした。 25 31.731
5 その慟哭だけが響いていた。 34 42.816
6 End of chapter 1 40 50591
7 気づかなかった。 49 61.605
8 End of chapter 2 58 72.994
9 と青の声がした。 67 83.897
10 End of chapter 3 74 92.797