ライトノベル読書会 📚 Light Novel Book Club | Next Book Apr 1

OT

I guess I have never seen that kind of mix for NTR.
Not that I’ve been looking for it anyways, so probably part of the reason.

Also the poll is now closed. So I guess now is the home thread and there’s a poll for speed?

3 Likes

I think eefara is waiting for slidevore to decide if they want to lead the BC since it was their nomination.

2 Likes

Yep, just giving them some time to get back to me. If I don’t hear back in a few days I’ll set stuff up myself.

6 Likes

Okay so I bought it through amazon and just tried to use calibre to convert it to an epub file and umm it doesn’t work. The first one I’ve ever had to not be able to convert. I don’t know if I’m allowed to ask, but does anyone happen to have an epub of it that I can have? If not then I might have to pass on the book club. I don’t think I could manage without yomichan. I know kindle has it’s own dictionary thing, but it’s not as good.

1 Like

From what are you trying to convert it? AZW3?

1 Like

It just says .azw, but the folder has 2 files in it. I found some software called Epubor Ultimate that seems to decrypt it, but it also costs money. The trial only gives you like 20% of the file or something.

Edit: Also I tried a plugin for calibre and it didn’t work.

1 Like

Ah that’s what I was going to mention. I have been using that software for more than 8 years and I can tell you it works.

Didn’t know the trial was limited to the 20% of a book, I hoped it would have been a number of free books so you could have gotten it without paying.

1 Like

Yeah I guess they knew better. People probably downloading on multiple PCs just to convert some books. :joy:

I’ll probably buy it myself. It’s only like $30 which isn’t too bad. It’s insane the amount of money I’ve spent on Japanese though. Especially these niche little things that I know not everyone gets this deep into.

1 Like

I can tell you that after 8 years, I have more than made a return on that lifetime license :rofl:

Ah BTW, download the Japanese version if you end up buying it. Otherwise it will fuck up the vertical text.

1 Like

I hadn’t clicked the link yet for the pricing. The lifetime is actually $60. Still not terrible.

Ngl I actually hate vertical text in novels. With small blocks of text in manga it’s totally fine, but man it seems like such an inferior way to read a full on book. The distance my eyeballs have to travel is too far. It’s inefficient. :rofl:
You get used to it, but the whole time my brain is like “this could be better”.

1 Like

Ah then the normal version converts it to horizontal, or at least it used to.

I paid half that, but as I said, it was loooooooong ago.

1 Like

But less frequently, so I don’t really think it’s any extra work. If anything I’d say it’s less disruptive - less need to double check I’m on the right line

3 Likes

I sent you a DM about a discount.

2 Likes

I’m now set up to convert anything and everything. The world is my oyster. :star_struck:
Now to get better at reading lol.

3 Likes

Oops, I was tracking this thread but kinda forgot about it so I missed the vote. Interesting pick, perhaps a bit hard for my level, but I will give it a try I think!

5 Likes

Same here I am going to try reading the sample first.

2 Likes

Seems like hasn’t accessed the site since 2023.

Last forum and natively activity '23 年 9月 12 日, so that’s 6 months ago.

And also finished the book, months after nominating.

3 Likes

Ah, thanks for checking. I’ll set up the home thread on Monday, then.

1 Like

Me three. Honzuki was my first lvl 30 and I didn’t
think of be able to keep up, but I managed just fine. But also I read it with the audiobook which made it a lot easier for me…

2 Likes

Home thread for NHK is up, everyone! Please let me know if you have a copy of the book and can help with scheduling -

2 Likes