ライトノベル読書会 📚 Light Novel Book Club | Next Book Apr 1

I think that was self published maybe? or a Small print. Then it was picked up by Kadokawa

2 Likes

I could have something in mind if there’s still a spot. Will edit here if this gets some likes :smile:

5 Likes

According to advanced math, there’s one spot left!

5 Likes

Do It Kermit GIF - Do It Kermit Darth Kermit GIFs

3 Likes

eren-yeager-manipulation

nekone-utawarerumono

3 Likes

I think @seanblue mentioned this at some point, and it also caught my eye some time ago. Don’t really know much about it either, but gonna nominate it anyway :smile:. I know it got the Dengeki Novel Grand Prize “Silver Award” this year.

Synopsis

Japanese

愛が、二人を引き裂いた。

竜殺しの英雄、シギベルト率いるノーヴェルラント帝国軍。伝説の島「エデン」の攻略に挑む彼らは、島を護る竜の返り討ちに遭い、幾度も殲滅された。
エデンの海岸に取り残され、偶然か必然か――生きのびたシギベルトの娘ブリュンヒルド。竜は幼い彼女を救い、娘のように育てた。一人と一匹は、愛し、愛された。
しかし十三年後、シギベルトの放つ大砲は遂に竜の命を奪い、英雄の娘ブリュンヒルドをも帝国に「奪還」した。
『神の国で再会したければ、他人を憎んではならないよ。』
復讐に燃えるブリュンヒルドの胸に去来するのは、正しさと赦しを望んだ竜の教え。従うべくは、愛した人の言葉か、滾り続ける愛そのものか――。
第28回電撃小説大賞《銀賞》受賞の本格ファンタジー、ここに開幕!

English

Love tore them apart.
The Noverland Imperial Army led by Sigibert, the hero of the dragon slayer. They challenged to capture the legendary island “Eden” and were annihilated many times by the dragon’s return to protect the island. Left behind on the coast of Eden, by chance or inevitability-Brynhildr, the daughter of Sigibert who survived. The dragon saved her little girlfriend and raised her like her daughter. One and one were loved and loved.
However, thirteen years later, the cannon fired by Sigibert finally took the life of the dragon, and “regained” the hero’s daughter Brynhildr to the empire.

“If you want to meet again in the kingdom of God, don’t hate others.”
Brynhildr’s vengeful chest comes to the dragon’s teachings for her righteousness and forgiveness. Is it the words of a loved one or the love that continues to linger in order for her to obey?
The 28th Dengeki Novel Grand Prize “Silver Award” winning full-scale fantasy begins here!

Translation source, Dengeki Wiki

Why you nominate this

Because dragons.

5 Likes

EDIT: Had to include a clip since this guy is so hyper. ジャスト デゥー イット

6 Likes

Welp, that’s all the slots taken! Good work team! While I update the nominations table, does anyone care if I open the voting early? Any reason we should wait?

Also, did we want to modify how a book is removed from the next vote? Originally I just had something similar to the mystery club in mind, where no votes = kick, but LNs are more likely to be easy to nominate, so it feels like we might want a snappier system.

3 Likes

Okay, nomination table updated! I added in fancy new icons for the audio column, plus a new column for whether there’s an all-furigana version or not. One of the book titles isn’t displaying correctly; which one it is keeps shifting after I edit the table. :unamused: I like having the auto-links, since the level will update automatically, but I may just need to manually specify all the titles for peace of mind…

2 Likes

Love the symbols. I snorted at the beginner symbol for the furigana version. well played. :smiling_face:

1 Like

I was hoping there was an あ symbol or something I could use, but no luck. The beginner one seemed most appropriate after that, haha.

2 Likes
OT

I was googling about the 初心者マーク wondering why it is like this and low and behold (slightly NSFW)

Why am I even surprised? :rofl:

2 Likes

I don’t mind, maybe having it more time open gives more chance to advertise

3 Likes

May as well open early. It might be worth kicking the lowest X books, or books with less than X votes. Otoh the current batch has a good range of levels (25-37), and variety of genre/topics. Maybe let’s see at the end of this voting round? Particularly if there’s anything that was low voted twice, that would seem like a good idea to boot.

Please do!

7 Likes

Yeah I suggested something similar, either cut everything that gets less than X votes, or just straight go for the 4-5 nominations that got the least votes.

2 Likes

For finished icon: :checkered_flag: and for ongoing :running_man:? :thinking:

1 Like

So tired. @.@ I’ll go ahead and set up the poll early; I’ll set it to auto-close on August 7. View the Nominations List here; be sure to scroll to the right; there’s a lot of information there! You’ve got 5 votes, so vote wisely!

~Poll under construction~

6 Likes

Ah, that’s pretty cute. :open_mouth: Would it be immediately obvious what they signified to a casual viewer though? Granted, I could always add a legend to the top of the post… :thinking:

1 Like

Any chance to add the nomination table numbers to the poll to make it more obvious?
It will probably reset the poll but so far I’m the only one that cast votes.

1 Like

Yeah, I think so. :thinking: Honestly I’d like to add the covers, but doing that for 20 options and keeping the formatting nice is kind of intimidating… Let me see what I can do.

4 Likes