ライトノベル読書会 📚 Light Novel Book Club | Next Book Apr 1

I’d participate in a lower level LN club. I’m okay with bookworm but level 30 is about the highest I feel comfortable reading so far.

2 Likes

Probably because L30 is the temporary level for LNs.

4 Likes

Out of 12 LN (series) that I’ve read so far, only 4 were L30+. One was even L23, and it’s not a children’s book, though it might be more difficult than that for less experienced readers/learners purely because the MC’s ADHD is very apparent in his narration; the prose itself is very easy and smooth. (Though granted I’m not 100% certain it is officially a LN/light bungei, but it feels like YA so that’s how I classed it…)

I don’t pay much attention to Natively level when picking books (in fact, a fair few of them I added myself), but somehow by chance I keep picking LNs that are <L30 lmao. Many of the L31+ ones in my library I chose deliberately looking for ones higher than L30.

3 Likes

L31 - 40 is only 251 unique entries, so I think you may be on to something there

3 Likes

I voted Maybe as well because it depends on what the title is more than the level really.

It’s a struggle to finish a book in Japanese if you are not interested in it at all, and I don’t want to burn myself out.

5 Likes

Ok, I went ahead and made a separate post for the potential new club. So if you’re interested, please head over to 初心者のライトノベル読書会 books Beginner’s Light Novel Book Club L20-29 and feel free to nominate something!

9 Likes

Alright folks, things should be updated in the home post and nomination post now. Big thanks to @Naphthalene for helping me while I was traveling!

We have 8 nomination slots open, but given our delayed start of the next book (we will officially start on January 1, perfect for all your bingo needs), no nominations will be accepted going forward until we’re a bit closer to voting on the book after Raven, just to keep things fresh and open for those who may join the club later.

6 Likes

What’s the KR link for 後宮の烏?

KR Book Club list needs updating.

1 Like

17 :point_up_2:

3 Likes

Guess it’s pending the natively link then.

1 Like

I’ll add the Korean versions to Natively (dunno why I didn’t at the time :sweat_smile:).

2 Likes

So I was going to ask about this when we got closer - do we want to do the multilingual club again? I figure in the long run it doesn’t make much difference; just a different forum to post it on and a bit more setup in terms of planning.

1 Like

I guess, if there’s the possibility and one of the peeps that does KR helps set-up shouldn’t be too much trouble and a net benefit for those who want to join on that side as well?

I can’t read at all, so I’m completely lost. It will be fun if I visit Korea in January.

1 Like

I’ll attempt the Korean version - the Japanese is too far above my current level. :sweat_smile:

Just bought it on ridibooks! :+1:

4 Likes

Do you want to update the KR Book Club list or should I do it?

Just so we don’t step on each other.

I’ll leave it to you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Alright multi-lingual (master list), and :kr: thread updated.

Pending to add home thread and tag, once we are closer to the start date.
But adding makes it for a heads up for those who stumble upon those thread lists.

3 Likes

I just found 後宮の烏 in book off in Kyoto, so looking forward to joining this :heart_eyes: (it never ceases to amaze how I can stumble across books I want in Book Off, even when I forget the author’s name and browse at random… It’s probably a good thing book off isn’t in my country!)

12 Likes

Hey everyone :slight_smile: I guess I’ll join into this as well, I enjoy the setting and themes, so shoulda be a fun journey.

8 Likes

Is there a set start date for 後宮の烏 at this point?

2 Likes