Lists discussion

No, I literally just fixed this at @mic’s prompting :joy:

This has been a bug for a little bit, just hadn’t gotten around to it. Basically, there are a few actions when the image should be regenerated. I think I have them all covered now, but if you see any issues, point it out like @mic !

Should be fixed now though! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

But it didn’t change in the preview above :wink: just on the list page.

2 Likes

unfortunately nothing I can do about that. Discourse caches it heh. It’ll eventually go away…

2 Likes

Something for your @omk list “Yokai, ghosts and urban legends” could be:

ノラガミ 1; it’s about gods and their entourage fighting ayakashi and each other.

あやかしメルヒェン 1: it is about a 座敷わらし (MC) following the owner of her apartment - which she was not able to protect - to Germany fighting German “youkai” at their new home.

2 Likes

Thanks. あやかしメルヒェン 1 looks fun, combining German and Japanese folklore like this.

I’d be happy to add you as a collaborator to the list (and everyone else who suggested books before), so you can add as you see fit, just say the word. Otherwise I’ll probably just wishlist these books and add them whenever I get around to reading them.

2 Likes

Forgot we had a list thread :see_no_evil:

Edit: Now it suddenly worked despite again showing the error. :melting_face:

1 Like

Maybe we need to make a list of threads :wink:

(This is not an actual suggestion, I just wanted to make the wordplay)

4 Likes

This nonsensical error appeared when trying to save a new list as Private:

I had to select Semi-private in order for it to save.

5 Likes

Thanks for the note! I found the bug around this and have fixed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

On the series overview page I can add that series to a list, but not from any individual book.

Could we get that for individual books as well, please? I like not having to navigate into my list first before adding something. :eyes:

3 Likes

So, you actually can! From the item dropdown menu - ‘add to custom lists’

Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 9.25.30 PM

At some point, I’d love to allow you to override that big button and change the main button action to ‘add to ’… so you could go through items quickly adding to one list. It wouldn’t be too hard to allow that button to be configurable.

4 Likes

oh, cool. :flushed: thank you :smiley:

I actually checked in that menu thinking it might be hiding there, but somehow still managed to not see. :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Previews for new Korean lists aren’t showing items. :thinking:

2 Likes

@brandon

I think surfacing a last-updated would be handy.
Is it an enough of a change to create a PR?

3 Likes

Hmm…can it be for new list items only or would that be too much work? Sometimes I go back and discover a typo and don’t want it bobbed to the top to display my shame :joy:

3 Likes

I don’t know how currently natively handles “recent”, but maybe it can be done for items only, or when you update the text and not the items, have a checkbox to say if you want to trigger a change or not.

In any case I don’t think it would be a big deal, seeing there are no notifications right now yet.

3 Likes

If it’s not, you could always add in my suggestions here as well:

4 Likes

I’m in the midst of a lot of things right now, so yeah, would be nice, thanks! Along with all this context people are chiming in with

3 Likes

The image generation was broken the last 3 days, fixed up now. Should be good.

4 Likes

@DIO-Berry A manga suggestion for your list! :grin:

2 Likes