🧙 Multilingual Harry Potter Book Club 🪄 Home Thread

That’s the revised translation.

So you have the whole book in one volume. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Wooooh :tada:

4 Likes

So, will it start tomorrow? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have never actually read the first couple of books (I was too old when HP became a thing and only started reading from book 4 once the movies came out and I wanted to know how the story ends.)

So, this will be interesting. (I am listening to the audiobook).

4 Likes

I just got a Storytel subscription, for Korean, and it turns out that it also has the ebook for the Spanish translation of Harry Potter! It’ll also give me an opportunity to listen along to the audiobook as I read the physical book for Korean, but I don’t expect to get much from the audiobook alone.

3 Likes

@bibliothecary do we continue on this thread or will you be making a weekly thread?

2 Likes

Anyone listening to the audiobook in Japanese? If so, where did you get it? So far I’ve only found it through audible, which is really a pity to me since I have an audiobook account but they don’t have it there… I’ve never used audible (tried it once but wasn’t able to get it to work properly) so I’m wondering if it’s worth it giving a try there. I’ve heard that you can apparently also find it in spotify, but I wasn’t successful with that.

2 Likes

I am using audible.co.jp because 聴き放題 but it might also be available through your local audible. A lot of things are. It is on my local (German) audible. Just need to search for the Japanese title. (ハリー・ポッターと賢者の石)

2 Likes

I’ll be making weekly threads, the first one will be up soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’ve opted to go with threads for chapters rather than weeks since we have two different schedules. :smiley:

6 Likes

I picked mine up way back when the Pottermore shop was still open. Shame they closed; they had a fantastic language selection for DRM-free ebooks and audiobooks.

4 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

Have I missed the chapter 7 thread?

1 Like

Nah, hasn’t been posted yet. If @bibliothecary is still MIA tomorrow I’ll post it.

3 Likes

Apologies for posting the thread a little late! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

You’re all good, no worries!

2 Likes