🌷 美しい彼 🐤 My Beautiful Man 📸 Home Thread

I think I would prefer some kind of loose structure or schedule, just because I don’t read Korean super fast or anything so I won’t be blasting through it independently. Having something to follow would keep me motivated!

I’m fine keeping it all in one thread! :slightly_smiling_face: Whatever works out best is ok for me.

2 Likes

I didn’t realise there were only 3 chapters, it doesn’t really seem worth splitting them. :thinking:

I think to keep things simple we’ll have one thread per volume including a schedule which people can follow, or you can read at your own pace. As long as we’re careful to mention where we are and use spoilers, I think we should be okay. :slightly_smiling_face:

Since it’s an informal book club and we have Japanese and Korean readers, we could pick a comfortable number of pages/week without worrying too much about page numbers and matching up the volumes (Japanese 317p, Korean 343p). For example, for 20 pages a week: Week 1 - read to page 20; Week 2 - read to page 40; and so on. How does that sound?

4 Likes

I guess the way I saw it is that because there are only 3 chapters, they’re also fairly long, and each chapter has a very different tone. But if we’re doing a more structured timeline, it doesn’t matter to me, I’ll adjust to whatever everyone else prefers!

2 Likes

One thread per volume makes sense to me, given how few people we’ll likely have participate.

A loose schedule sounds good to me. :+1: And if someone feels they need to adjust faster or slower, it would be super easy with a small, informal group.

Same here, just because “My Beautiful Man” sounds unnatural to me. Who in what context would ever say that?

Sounds good to me; we’ll just be careful to mark spoilers as needed. It’ll be a good test to see if that works for the next book(s).

2 Likes

Yeah, it sounds so terribly cheesy lol I was hoping they would change it if it got picked up but it’s already stuck because of the show/movies, it seems :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll make a thread for the first book, then. :smiling_face:

How many pages per week are people comfortable with? We’ll probably go with a lowish number for the schedule, and those who want to read more can read ahead/go at their own pace.

If you’re happy following the schedule, when would you like to start?

2 Likes

That all sounds great to me! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m good with at least 15-20 and starting even as soon as now! :melting_face:

2 Likes

20-25 pages sounds nice to me. I would prefer to start in January, but if others want to start sooner I can as well.

2 Likes

I’m good to start anytime and good with 15-20. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Seems like everyone will be happy with 20 pages/week, then. :slightly_smiling_face:

@bungakushoujo any preference on when we start?

3 Likes

Anytime is ok! :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Then I may go with this suggestion:

:rofl:

It will take about 16/17 weeks to finish the volume at 20pg/wk, so might as well get going. Week 1 will be starting Mon 27th November. :smile:

5 Likes

Spontaneous book club formation! :laughing: Love it!

3 Likes

Hopefully I’ve included everything we need:

I’m thinking about making a vocab spreadsheet. It would be useful, but I’m not sure I’ll have time, especially if I want to include both :jp: and :kr::thinking:

5 Likes

I haven’t really bothered with making lists/flashcards up until now but I have an ebook so I can easily note any vocabulary/grammar that I think is more complicated than about N3ish, if that’ll help so you can focus on Korean – no clue how formatting that works though!

3 Likes

I won’t be joining you for the re read since I only just finished the last (interlude) book in the series recently, but I did start a rewatch of the TV series this week. I’ll definitely be with you in spirit. :baby_chick:

And, you know. Lurk the threads.

5 Likes

Just a minor note that your link here is now broken due to the merging of your study logs.

2 Likes

Fixed it! Thank you~ :smile:

1 Like

Just saw your 美しい彼 My Beautiful Man Series | Japanese list by bibliothecary | Natively, @bibliothecary! Very nice! When you get a chance, it’d be really nice to have descriptions of what each adaption corresponds to story-wise and when would be best to watch/read it. I’m sure you’re already planning to, haha.

2 Likes