๐ŸŽง Podcasts & Radio Dramas [with scripts]

Reading and listening concurrently is great for learning, such as books with audiobooks and tv shows with subtitles. Other useful resources are podcasts and radio dramas that have accompanying scripts/transcripts.

Letโ€™s discuss the shows we listen to and share some recommendations!

Please note: the series should be mostly/entirely in Korean.

:free: Audio & Script both free
:money_with_wings: Audio and/or Script paid

Podcasts

Radio Dramas

This is a wiki; feel free to add your recommendations directly to the list above. If youโ€™re unable to edit wiki posts, leave your recommendation in a comment below and Iโ€™ll add them later.

2 Likes

KBS ๋ฌด๋Œ€

A weekly show aimed at native speakers, each episode is a self-contained 50-minute drama. Around 500 episodes are available online to listen to for free, with scripts (there may be differences between the script and audio due to editing).
Website | Audio | Scripts

TTMIK ์ด์•ผ๊ธฐ

145 episodes of 5-10 minute conversations on everyday topics, with transcripts. Aimed at low-intermediate learners. Used to be free, but it appears you now have to have premium membership to access.
Website

3 Likes

Yeah, TTMIK has really been pulling back on their free stuff lately and things distributed off their platform. They just took their podcast off of apple podcasts.

3 Likes

Itโ€™s understandable they need to make money, and they do produce really good resources, but itโ€™s a shame that they went from having a huge library of free lessons to pretty much everything behind a paywall. :pensive:

3 Likes

Iโ€™m not big on podcasts, but hereโ€™s some YouTube podcasts I know of and sometimes listen to.

I think some people also use the app Audioclip. I tried it out, but it was too difficult for me.

4 Likes

I just watched a sort of visual novel of a modern ์ถ˜ํ–ฅ์ „, but with real actors! Itโ€™s available here on steam. (subtitles can be both in Korean or English.)Not a free ressource, but itโ€™s only about 5$.

It was really nice, although I wish some different endings had been possible. And it was also full of plot twists, even after having read ์ถ˜ํ–ฅ์ „ before.

4 Likes

Another great podcast, Didiโ€™s Korean podcast! Level wise, grammar is definitely intermediate, but vocab isnโ€™t that hard? I donโ€™t know where it stands exactly, but that video below is pretty much my golden listening level. Whatโ€™s nice is that she also adds some vocab explanations for the more advanced words along the way.

3 Likes