Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

The language icons on my profile are buggy. I’m pretty sure it’s due to the blurbs launching, because it worked perfectly fine a couple hours right before that (or it’s just a coincidence :woman_shrugging:).

2 Likes

Good catch! All fixed now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have the + grade extra button for several videos and books.

I have used this feature many times before, and it worked just the way it is described on the Our Grading System page.

The way it should work

But now whenever I click on it it says that I have no more gradings left.

When I go back to the video/book page it still says I can grade extra.
This behaviour is the same for all entries that show the + grade extra button as far as I can tell.
Is this a bug? Even if it’s not, it still should be fixed because it is quite annoying to click on the button for nothing.

The start of the problem

This problem surfaced after I deleted one of my gradings for モノノ怪 S1 | L32 because I realised I misgraded it the first time. The + grade extra button appeared on the anime page as I had graded it more times than 6. Upon clicking on it, the previously described problem occured. I don’t know if this has anything to do with the issue, since I experienced the same with many other entries as well, but I thought I’d include it as it might be relevant.

6 Likes

Edit: suddenly worked, despite still getting the error. :melting_face:

Keep running into this whenever I try to make changes to my lists. Just trying to set one to semi-private. :face_holding_back_tears:

and even if it does “save”, the list remains public. :melting_face:

読んでみたいシリーズ | Japanese list by Biblio | Natively

5 Likes

It would be great if the grading didn’t ask me to compare the LN I just read with Manga I read over a year ago :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

So, I found your error in my logs and fixed it. Hopefully you don’t see those things anymore! Please let me know if you do.

It absolutely does look like a bug. Would you mind filing a bug report in the Product Requests category? It makes tracking these things a lot easier.

:sweat_smile: That’s somewhat surprising. Now, the grading prompter doesn’t take into account when you read something (perhaps it should!), but it does prioritize prompting you to compare against like things (LN - LN, manga - manga).

Was the LN a really low level? We only consider things within +/- 5 levels of the item for comparisons, so if you only have manga around the lvl of the LN, then we may end up showing you that comparison.

6 Likes

Yes, it was in the usual range for grading. Might be fuzzy because I was the first to grade.
It’s more that I improved so much since a year ago that while I still know how hard it was for me back then it probably would be way easier now, but I can’t be sure without rereading.
Skipping the rating just prompted for more Manga till it asked for some that are probably easier which I ended up comparing against.

2 Likes

that would be great, if it could be easily implemented. I end up just forcing the “do not grade against” on a lot of stuff, instead.

10 Likes

Yes, me too – I’ve asked about making the grading favour more recently read stuff before. There’s no way I can grade something I read a decade ago more precisely than “author X is generally fairly easy/difficult”…

7 Likes

I have the same problem with books from as recently as 2 years ago. I’ve gotten better since then, and since I can only judge by the subjective difficulty I felt when reading a book (which is heavily dependent on my own Japanese level) how can I even start comparing books that felt difficult then with books that feel difficult now?

Should we maybe make a product request or is there one already? :thinking:

9 Likes

My activity log is acting weird. I just marked some pages as read, that worked fine, then read a children’s book in one go and marked it as finished, which doesn’t show up anywhere in activity (neither on the book page nor on personal or general activity feed). The activity for my review however is there.

2 Likes

Can we reorder custom tags? I feel like I saw something about the possibility of that before a while back, but I didn’t see a product request for it although I could have just missed it

2 Likes

Bug: Finished book not showing in activity feed - Natively / Product Requests - Natively Forums (learnnatively.com)

:eyes: @brandon?

5 Likes

I feel like there is a product request, but searching for it I can’t seem to find it.

2 Likes

“Lists” changing to “tags” makes finding things a bit more difficult. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Looks like I already voted for it, cool.

I randomly remembered about it today since I started thinking about custom tags for videos now that I have some (well, one) on here, but all I can do is edit their names

6 Likes

I think it’s fine that it doesn’t. The grading system has no idea what my memory is like, nor whether I’ve reread something recently. Then again, I’ve only been logging stuff since Aug 2022… So maybe my opinion would change in a few years :stuck_out_tongue:

Still… sometimes I have a stronger impression of the difficulty/features of things I read earlier on than things I’ve read recently (things seem more 普通 / less remarkable after repeated exposure). Or sometimes the answer is just really obvious, regardless of read date (like fantasy manga are usually harder than most yuri or slice of life).

I think it’s fine either way… But might be worth having as a toggle or number of years (like “don’t compare to items x years or older”, as a setting), if you implement it

2 Likes

I’m not sure why, but not all links seem to be generating previews

3 Likes

This has been a consistent problem for a while now, unfortunately. If you go back in to edit the post and hit save, it may render correctly.

1 Like

It does not unfortunately. I tried a couple of times. Usually it resolves itself

1 Like