Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

Sorry if my message was misunderstood as a natively-side error.

I just wanted feedback from someone stumbling upon this error too and if Brandon had any experience finding it too maybe.

1 Like

Right - just wanted to clarify. I’m assuming the urls are right, and that there’s some issue on their back end. You could probly verify by checking if Google has a cached version of those urls pages/urls.

But I doubt it’s going to be transparent to us

I linked the individual items, so you can access the series from the item page, just in case I was being fed wrong URLs.

You know, this is interesting. That series page is broken for me too, but it you VPN into Japan, that series pages work fine. I’ve been noticing this error page as well but had assumed it was completely deleted. I guess it’s purely an IP location issue.

Seems a bit aggressive to show that error page. Don’t know why they wouldn’t just show the page but say it’s not available in your region.

6 Likes

Not too sure if this is the right place but is there any way to mark a show as re-watching so it can still count towards my overall watched stats? Or with books. I want to track how many hours I’ve spent watching JP content but a lot of that’ll include rewatching haha

5 Likes

Nope, but please upvote the request. Maybe Brandon will add this once he finishes his big updates. (It is the highest voted request by a decent margin after all.)

6 Likes

Yes this is the top priority user request, hopefully will get to it in month or two.

7 Likes

How come some list summaries start underneath the image and others start to the right? The titles are all on a single line, so I don’t see any obvious reason.

Also, just a reminder that spoiler tags in list entry summaries still don’t work.

5 Likes
technical explanation

They have different css classes on them. The shorter text passages have <div class="nt-list-item-notes"> while the longer one actually has two different elements (the summary text appears twice in the HTML)… the first is <div class="nt-list-item-notes show-notes-below top-display">, and the second is <div class="nt-list-item-notes show-notes-below bottom-display"> . Below a certain resolution, the first is hidden, and the second is displayed.

Reason: text wrapping with HTML & CSS is a pain, and in this case, if you have too long of a description, you’d have this sort of effect (which gets worse on narrower screens):

So showing it at the bottom let’s it use the whole width, and take up less vertical space.

My 2 cents: it might make sense to increase the character threshold for when that kicks in a bit… It seems a bit premature rn.

5 Likes

Yes @暁のルナ is completely correct. And unfortunately determining what exactly constitutes ‘one line’ is a major pain. The title can also wrap to two lines. The Review can also not exist.

All in all, it’s just an approximation but it will be a bit random if you’re writing list entries right around the threshold limit.

Perhaps. But I really don’t want it going over two lines I don’t think :thinking:

Good call.

4 Likes

Definitely trust your judgement over my rough impression here.

3 Likes

Interesting.
Usually for items not available in the region, it shows with a red message, thus I didn’t consider that being the problem.

Now, it’s a bit weird that the items are offered individually to the my IP, but the series page is a no-go.

I wonder if it’s a miss-configuration of some sort on Amazon’s end.

2 Likes

Yeah… I just took a quick look and realized I have no idea how I’d make it start in the right section and then overflow into the whole width. HTML and CSS are not my strong suit…

2 Likes

I was just able to add a book (銀色の流れに 1 (SHY FANTASY 1) | L30??) even though amazon was showing me “page not found”. Guess it’s not just series pages that are broken. :thinking:

1 Like

On desktop when I go to “My Books” on my profile it tries to load and then just goes blank. Other profiles seem to work fine though. Any ideas what the issue is?

2 Likes

Just wanted to say I’m really liking the new mobile navigation menu; it looks very clean.

Question for those: I can’t keep track of all the bugs anymore; is there an open bug for when setting a status and that status’ update time gets set to 00:00? Like, I marked a Spanish book as reading from the book’s page about an hour ago and the dashboard activity feed shows it as being updated 20 hours ago.

2 Likes

Oh no! What browser and operating system do you have?

I can’t seem to replicate it (it works fine for me).

2 Likes

Windows 10 and Chrome. If I use Firefox it works fine, and Chrome on mobile works as well.

1 Like

I’m having this exact issue too, though browser/OS are slightly different for me (Brave, Windows 11).

2 Likes

Ok. I’ll bring you two into a DM then and we can try to figure it out.

1 Like