Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

So, not sure if this is every series or just the first four or five I checked but I see this for the episode lists:
and get errors trying to make any updates through the modals since it says that the ending episode can’t be higher than the last episode (and there are zero episodes)

Sorry y’all - yeah, i’m having a few issues right now.

The book search is the priority to get back online. TV episodes & data will take a little while to get fully populated… until then you might encounter issues like that.

So I’d just say give me a half hour or so on books, an hour on movies before we start adding a ton of things.

7 Likes

As an update, books should mostly be back to normal … the search is still repopulating so not everything will be in there yet. It’ll probably take another 45 mins to fully repopulate.

Video is stil repopulating too. It’s on a similar timeline to books.

Apologies on the issues! There were quite a few issues on my production / live environment which I didn’t anticipate. There were a few movie/tv items users had added to their library that I had to delete, but the issues otherwise were purely in search, no data issues.

5 Likes

Ok! So all the tv shows & episodes are set and initial user items are populated. We’re finally ready to have you all give it a go. @Bijak that is a bug that I didn’t think about when marking tv series finished even when the episodes haven’t been populated. I’ll fix that up.

There’s already a blog post, but I will make the product annoucement in the forums too. Will take me a minute to write :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@cat if you’re writing a long response, perhaps this thread might be better. We’ll be discussing in depth there :slight_smile:

I’ll be putting the announcement there as well.

PRODUCT UPDATE : Audiovisual is here!!!

Well… actually the update is over here. Let’s do all the audiovisual related discussion there. Thanks @Megumin for that great idea :laughing:

4 Likes

I noticed that, despite the series being in my watched library, when I navigate to the page (for instance, by clicking on it), they are still shown as not watched. :thinking:
Edit: actually, even after saying I watched something, navigating away from the page and back, the button will just get back to the green “wish list”.

Unrelated, but the forum has a weird banner for me that shows the template for the feature request page.

2 Likes

Oops! I tried to do a global banner, but yeah, I think something is wrong with it.

Hmm, i’ll investigate!

1 Like

Got some typos here.

This is important to us for a variety of reasons, but the primary impact you’ll see is that you won’t be prompted to grade things with similar subtitle information. In other words, movies you watched without subtitles are only compared with other movies you watched without audio.

1 Like

I didn’t realize Natively had a blog. :hushed:

1 Like

It’s literally just the Product Updates, you’re not missing out :joy:

1 Like

Small bug noticed on the books section: I’m see a discrepancy for the Children’s Books category; sometimes it’s “Children’s book”, and sometimes its “Childrens_Book”. The latter looks like a backend tag of some kind.

1 Like

@brandon This isn’t just for audiovisual (though it’s a problem there too), so posting here.

You may want to make lower resolution copies of the covers for use in smaller areas. Using high resolution images for really small image sizes actually makes things worse. For example, Discourse keeps multiple copies of everyone’s avatar to avoid this.

Here are some examples.

Grading:

Book list:

Video list:

I suspect all of those would look better if you at least had a 100x100 version of the covers for use in these places. That’s the size of the grading image and browse page images and may work for the user list pages as well, which use 50x50. Perhaps a 50x50 version makes sense as well, not sure.

5 Likes

Noted on both of those @eefara and @seanblue, thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alright, it’s been 24 hours since the audiovisual launch. Here are the quick stats so far:

• 2102 audiovisual difficulty comparisons (!)
  • 424 user video additions, making the total 417 tv series, 163 movies on platform
  • 417 movies, 833 TV series added to user video libraries
  • 25 Audiovisual written reviews, 296 quality ratings

There’s still a long ways to go, but it was a great launch! Thanks everyone for tolerating with the few bugs here and there… will continue to squash. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Just a quick typo report…

Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 8.45.57 pm

I don’t want to spend my precious tims, only my time :frowning:

Also, there’s no window closing or audiovisual feedback after you ‘update’ a time spent entry, though it does seem to save. It should either auto-close the update window or otherwise let you know it’s written that new entry to the database. (I wrote four entries to the database of the same pages the other day. Also I’m glad you can delete/edit timestamp entries now quite easily)

6 Likes

Might want to make this button a tad wider.

3 Likes

It actually does the same thing on mobile, where the button’s clearly big enough to fit the text :joy:

Must be the text box inside that’s undersized.

7 Likes

Y’all are just underestimating the size of that ‘t’

9 Likes

Fixed it for you

On a more serious note, I don’t know if you’re manually calculating when to insert ellipses or something like that (my guess based on the … actually being in the HTML), but you may want to look into the ellipses option in text-overflow - CSS: Cascading Style Sheets | MDN.

3 Likes