Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

Oooh, very exciting. ^o^ I don’t blame you for wanting to use your own site, brandon; if you’re into media tracking, Natively is a very fun site to play around with. :3 If anyone asks, you’re doing alpha testing on the Korean features. :wink:

3 Likes

An update on search: Ok, libraries and video are completely done. Popular books are done, now filling out the rest of them… will take 2 hours more.

Had more issues with book search than anticipated… but we’re past those now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ooh exciting! I’m happy that you’ll be getting back to using your own site again soon :tada:

I’m not learning Korean, but I’m constantly thinking about learning at least a little since hangul is really easy to learn. And I swear grading on Natively is half of my motivation for reading in Japanese :joy: So when the Korean update is released publicly I’m totally expecting to get sidetracked and try a bunch of Korean graded readers lmao

Totally forgot to respond to this :person_facepalming: It took me a bit to find the product request, turns out I already voted for it and completely forgot about it! Glad I checked here first before posting a new request. Here it is for anyone else looking for it:

4 Likes

@brandon
I’ve noticed here and there some weirdness happening displaying different numbers.
Not sure if it’s aggressive caching or data being wonky.

For example:

Page count missmatch.

Episode watched missmatch:

Does this warrant opening a request or does it have some sort of explanation or easy fix?

2 Likes

I would recommend a bug request yes. Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I went ahead and opened one, but I feel like it might be related to another open one:

2 Likes

I could have voted twice for it, if you had done it :wink:

2 Likes

Part of the original rational behind adding the Book Club subforum was to help keep down the book club traffic, but I noticed it didn’t really seem to achieve that. Is there a way to be able to categorize threads as just Book Club and not Reading? Same for Product Requests, now that I think about it.

You can filter by those.

1 Like

Ah, and then you can filter by “None” to see just Reading… :thinking: Dunno how I missed that!

Is there a CSV export function anywhere? I want to play with some chart creation stuff to see if there’s more useful charts (for me anyway) that could be generated with the data.

1 Like

Not that I know of, though @brandon’s provided data himself before.

1 Like

Unfortunately i haven’t built an export function yet, but it is in the plans (it’s your data). I’m happy to provide you with the data if you’d like, just shoot me an email :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you want to drop a vote on the PR, it will also notify you when it’s completed.

4 Likes

Okay, someone tell me if I’m crazy: I’m not able to open up the update book pop-up, whether on the dashboard, library, or book page.

3 Likes

Just tested and it’s not working for me on PC, but it did work a couple of hours ago!

2 Likes

The last person on my update feed who updated their pages was about two hours ago, which tracks. Tagging @brandon, though he may be asleep by this point.

2 Likes

Work around for the moment:

Go to the book/movie and press +

1 Like

Huh. I didn’t know that button did anything. It doesn’t on the dashboard, at least, and I think my brain just filtered it out on the book page…

Well, on the dashboard it tells you that you can use that button on the book/movie page.

The text needs to be updated though, as it only mentions reading right now.

1 Like