Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

I’m on Chrome, on my phone. Do you want me to do a bug report for that?

2 Likes

Perhaps. iOS? Android? If you open up incognito is it reproducible?

1 Like

Android. And yep, same thing happens in incognito. The even weirder thing is, it’ll look fine at first and then I refresh the page and it gets stuck covering the username, only for Korean.

1 Like

Does the Sync thing have to be manually activated on your side for some series? @brandon

(I requested Vol.2 with the add more volumes due to the lack of sync button)

1 Like

I am running into a weird issue with これはゾンビですか? S1 | L25 where when I open the data manager/progress update menu, the entire page goes blank. This is happening on Ubuntu as well as non-stock Android.

I tested it in brave browser and firefox on Ubuntu, as well as on android with Firefox.

It seems to only be an issue with this series. I checked other series and they did not have any issues. Not a major issue, but figured I would post it here anyway.

4 Likes

I ran into that the other day (Bug: manual episode seasons + data manager results in blank screen), and assumed it was b/c I was manual toggling the episodes… but I guess the manual toggle wasn’t the issue after all, hmmm…

Edit: I’m Win 11 Firefox and Android 13 Chrome… was an issue on one or both (idrc at this point)

2 Likes

I just tested it with Ranma 1/2 to see if it was show specific and I didn’t run into the same issue. I set it to watching, then updated the episodes watched from the homepage, the same as I did with これはゾンビですか?, and I didn’t have the same issue with Ranma 1/2.

I set これはゾンビですか?to wish list, then back to watched and re-marked the episodes that I had watched and that fixed the issue. Luckily I remembered when I watched the previous episodes and was able to back-date my watch data.

It seems to be a rare issue that happens randomly.

2 Likes

Ok, a bug report would be nice then.

Kind of. As long as we have the amazon series url saved in our database, then we can auto sync. However, even after a lot of work the last few weeks trying to backfill that data, there are still a few series which don’t have that data.

Oh no! I’ll try to get to this soon, thanks for the reports.

3 Likes

Small Product Update

The mobile top navigation menu has been changed. This new look gives us a lot more links that we can list. Hopefully you all enjoy. :slight_smile:

Will try to implement a better dropdown on the desktop version as well. This change was somewhat important for increasing the number of item types (Webnovels, Games… etc).

12 Likes

Roger. Seems like this series doesn’t have a series URL.
Probably when the Kindle version drops, is usually when I see it activated.

I’ll submit it if I get to see it before you do or anyone else sends it.

2 Likes

Scrolling on that menu, makes the bottom page scroll instead of the menu.

I think it might be an awkward result of the menu being both fully displayed and not.
It’s partially hidden by the address bar, but at the same is fully displayed in the engine.

Might be better illustrated with a picture:

Maybe a fix could be reducing one line:

5 Likes

Same problem with 엄마는 해녀입니다.

4 Likes

I think it should be fixed now. I just needed to change the height to account for that dynamic address bar on phones. Let me know if you still have issues scrolling.

This should be fixed too.

4 Likes

It works now, but the Support us is hidden, and might not be seen by the vast majority of users. If that’s fine/intended, then you can count it as fixed.

Edit: After some testing, it mostly works. Now you have to go out of your way to get the bug again, but is still happening in some situations. Also sharing the screenshot to see what I mean about not seeing the “Support us” link

5 Likes

I don’t know if this is something temporarily weird on my end, but the timeline graphs are broken for me on firefox mobile (both regular and desktop mode). I see blank boxes in both the stats page and the reading speed graphs. Pie charts are fine though. Clearing my cache / site data didn’t do anything, but viewing them in Chrome, an incognito tab, and my laptop works :thinking:

2 Likes

That happens to me on Firefox Android as well. In order to fix it I close out of Firefox. Then I open up other apps in order to clear Firefox out of ram, this forces it to re-load completely when I open it back up.

I can open it up after all of this and the graphs show again.

I’m not sure it’s an actual issue with the site though because I have a similar issue with Youtube on Firefox Android where videos won’t play until I perform the same solution.

2 Likes

Apologies for any outage you all experienced. Was updating discourse and forgot that if discourse goes completely down, it takes down the dashboard too :sweat_smile:

In any case, i changed that mechanism so even if the forums go down, your learnnatively.com dashboard won’t go down.

The update did go smoothly, just a bit slow (around 30 mins)

12 Likes

Clicking on the “grade now” button from this menu on my phone just brings me to dashboard instead. Is that supposed to happen? Even if I zoom in so that I only see “grade now” before clicking it, it still goes to dashboard. Clicking on the other sections, like the books section right below it, works, just not for this one.

1 Like

Nice catch. That was indeed a bug - should be fixed now!

2 Likes

I don’t really know where to put this, but maybe even @brandon can chip in.

Lately when clicking in most series links in Amazon JP I get a server/page error?

Is this only happening to me or someone else is experiencing this?

1 Like