Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

sorry, was upgrading then!

It’s all done now.

I probably should always put up a site banner or do scheduled maintenance.

7 Likes

Hey @brandon, when you get a chance could you do a quick fix on the light blue in dark mode? This is probably the most glaring issue in dark mode currently and fixing it would go a long way.

3 Likes

@brandon Question, is the TV icon here supposed to filter to movies/tv? The TV icon shows only grading activity for books (which aren’t showing up when I click the book icon only here). I don’t have any movies in my activity.

Android/chrome FYI but does the same in Firefox.

5 Likes

Oh interesting. I’m guessing for those grading activities you also graded a tv show or a movie? If that’s the case, I guess that’s not entirely a bug perse, but definitely an oddity…

@seanblue roger that. I can try to knock that out, it bothers me too.

Would love to get back to the dark mode fixes in general, but lots to do.

4 Likes

Nope! I have no movie/TV data on my Natively account at all, not even in my wishlist.

1 Like

There may be an bug in the search. When searching for a tv series on the site I got the error message Error loading search results.

2 Likes

Were the number of books/videos added and number of gradings removed from people’s personal pages? I can no longer see those stats on my own page (on an Android phone, on chrome).

2 Likes

Yeah, he reduced the number of stats that get shown in the header on mobile because, depending on zoom/screen size, some might get smooshed together with no space between them if they weren’t intended to be on the same line

5 Likes

Due to this and other reasons, I am ‘reindexing’ search, meaning you will see fewer than normal results for the next few hours. I prioritize the most popular items, so it shouldn’t be a big issue I don’t think, but if there’s something you thought was on the site but it isn’t there, wait an hour or two and it should be there hopefully :slight_smile:

Edit: looks like there’s an initial snafu… working on it

Edit 2: all the snafus should be ok now :slight_smile:

8 Likes

FYI I’ve been a bit absent on the forums the past week I know - just started attending a part time daily language school which has jumbled up the past week, but it’s fun :slight_smile:

I’ll try to get to all your @ s at some point.

18 Likes

I wasn’t sure that this warranted a thread of its own, so I thought I’d ask about it here:

I noticed that tweets don’t embed in forum posts here like they do on the WaniKani forum, so I wondered if it would be possible to set it up so that they embed? I know that twitter has recently made a lot of things a lot more difficult and the website as a whole is kind of a mess, but it is unfortunately still a pretty big language learning tool for me :sweat_smile:.

5 Likes

Interesting… Doesn’t seem to work whether I try it with twitter.com or vxtwitter.com… surprised it works on WK. I agree would be great if it would work here too.

(In the preview mode, the first link gives the usual OpenGraph tag error). Link is: https://twitter.com/sasakoi_anime?t=A1cUPKaE-7QNGPQ1ELBVyQ&s=09

https://twitter.com/sasakoi_anime?t=A1cUPKaE-7QNGPQ1ELBVyQ&s=09

4 Likes

This might’ve been brought up before, but would it be possible to get a Bookclub sub-subforum in the All Languages subforum @brandon? Just to clean the space up a bit.

5 Likes

Search is wonky. I’m getting this message about 60% of the times I search for a book:

4 Likes

It’s doing the same for my currently reading books

1 Like

@brandon The problem is getting worse. I can’t access any book, be it via search or direct link or even through my own books, and reloading, which used to help, doesn’t do a thing.

8 Likes

As I mentioned in the other thread is not just the 404’s, even the pages that display don’t work.

Probably will have to wait a few hours until @brandon wakes up. It’s 2AM over there.

3 Likes

Ugh, I’m sorry you all!!

yes it dropped right after I went to sleep :melting_face:

This has been happening infrequently, but I have to figure out why it does this sometimes.

Also, as an aside, I know that i’ve been a bit absent here. Will try to get through all your @ s and reports soon.

12 Likes

Wow; I can’t believe that actually links to someone.

7 Likes

whoops!! I didn’t realize :joy: :joy:

4 Likes