Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

Trying to sort the gradings by relevance for 転生王女と天才令嬢の魔法革命 | L33 causes a server error. Not sure if it’s specific to that (or some) entries or if it’s for all of them.

1 Like

Fixed! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Brief updated on what I did yesterday & today :slight_smile:

Fixed

• @Biblio episode watched activities line extends too long in feed
  • ‘relevance’ sorting for gradings on book pages @seanblue
  • @seanblue @meagstudies stats page is jarring when switching months to years
  • @Naphthalene I can see that you have a grading remaining for コーヒーが冷めないうちに, but when I grade it as you on my development version, it seems to go through ok. Even on safari. Is it still buggy for you? I fixed some things in this area, maybe it was fixed.
  • slight speed-up on user libraries, but not significant. I did go ahead and begin working on a full scale overhaul to frontend filtering @seanblue and it is much better, about 80% done. The only concern I have is around initial load time for extremely large user libraries (>1000 items). It’ll be hard to get those libraries under a second response time, but i’ll try! Have to switch focus back to audiovisual today.
7 Likes

Still not working, sadly. Instead, I got 2 extra gradings for 風の谷のナウシカ. Did those count? Because I am pretty sure I already did the max.
I also got a grading for コーヒーが冷めないうちに, but it didn’t go through.

1 Like

And, by the way, last time I got an extra grading for porco rosso instead. I guess those problems are related?

1 Like

Hmm, very interesting. It’s strange because i’m not seeing any errors come through on my end, but those extra gradings are strange too yeah.

Will try to figure out as there must be something wrong somewhere… thanks for checking!

1 Like

I found a way to force the grading. I pressed skip, which generated another comparison, then I went to my gradings and edited the skip to the result I wanted. It did stick.
If that helps, I had to scroll a bit down to find it. It was behind the last few skips I did for video.

Edit: I deleted the grading to see if that fixed the problem, but no. Back to square one. (I mean… I can still use the skip-edit trick, but I thought it’s better to stay in this state for you to check stuff; I’ll try from a different computer tomorrow)

1 Like

I just tried and it didn’t work either.

Edit: made a gif of the whole process, just in case (sorry for the poor quality, can’t upload large files):
output

I checked the console and upon clicking the button, I get:

Error

[Error] Fetch API cannot load https://o364332.ingest.sentry.io/api/4720961/store/?sentry_key=00782e3def4140dc84e6cd7cad6851ed&sentry_version=7 due to access control checks.
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:71822)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:28771)
e (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:91170)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:28748)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:28100)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:33273)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:38323)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:2425)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:39531)
onfulfilled (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:91773)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:91078)
forEach
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:91004)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:90892)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:91715)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:91683)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:39333)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:38395)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:34591)
onfulfilled (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:91773)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:91078)
forEach
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:91004)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:90892)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:91715)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:91683)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:34555)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:51929)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:49521)
i (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:61835)
(anonymous function) (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:62273)
(anonymous function) (book_grading.cc137e6d9224.js:121:43511)
u (core.cf33b5a50881.js:38:24792)
fireWith (core.cf33b5a50881.js:38:25536)
S (core.cf33b5a50881.js:38:76520)
(anonymous function) (core.cf33b5a50881.js:38:78929)
c (core_head.4b9cceaa51e8.js:1:6229)

2 Likes

I found an issue with it seems like only currently airing shows or recently finished shows (For example 遊☆戯☆王ゴーラッシュ!! S1 | L26, クールドジ男子 S1 | L20, シャドウバースF(フレイム) S1 | L25)

Some episodes are listed with 0min and the others are listed as 25 min on TheMovieDB. Actually I assume the former just means it wasn’t filled in. So when I logged a bunch of episodes it gave me a weird number as the total time spent.

Another, unrelated issue is that the individual episode selection menu disappears (or just appears as “not watched” rather) for stopped entries.

Oh my goodness, thank you so much!! You’re amazing :laughing:

I think that error you shared is definitely the issue and the reason I wasn’t receiving any error messages on my end… the error was with the error reporting mechanism itself! Always the hardest error to solve.

Even though you know how to fix it by skipping the grading, let’s see if I can figure out how to fix the problem.

3 Likes

Interesting. Yeah I received your feedback too, I just haven’t responded to it yet because syncing is what I’m currently working on, should have a solution today or tomorrow. I think it will fix all of this hopefully - I assume that ongoing shows are more likely to have incomplete episode data as you’re saying, they need to be synced frequently.

Huh. Ok. Marked down, will investigate, thanks.

1 Like

OK! So this bug is now fixed I believe. It may not produce an activity when you grade it (that’s apparently another bug… activity generation will be the death of me :joy:) but you shouldn’t ever hit that case of the final book grading seemingly not being submitted. Go ahead and submit your grading.

Long description of the rabbit hole I went down

So, first I want to mention that safari is always the the strictest with error handling of all the major browsers. It’s good you use it as it helps me diagnose issues other less vocal users maybe encountering too. :slight_smile:

I first explored the error with my error reporting system you mentioned as it’s bad I wasn’t even getting notified of your situation. That issue was solved by a simple upgrade of my error reporting code.

After I started receiving the javascript errors, I realized that for some reason Safari was cancelling the grading submission even before it hit the server. After some investigation, it seems that I was redirecting the browser to the movie grading page too quickly, which triggers Safari to cancel the request. I’m not sure why Safari waits so long to send the request (other browsers send the request immediately, so the redirect doesn’t affect anything).

Regardless, I now wait until all requests are finished before redirecting to the movie grading. This seems to fix it. It was a pretty long detour, but worthwhile to get better error reporting :slight_smile:

I also fixed a bug where the gradings on ‘My Gradings’ were out of order.

4 Likes

Looks like it’s working!
Good to know everything was fixed!

1 Like

thanks, not that I didn’t think you were responding to my feedback, but I went back and added time to the missing episodes manually so I wanted to make sure you understand what I’m talking about.

I think that might have caused another error:

2 Likes

heh i see. Yeah I’m going to try and get out syncing updates today which will hopefully fix that situation. I do allow you to specify a ‘current minute’ higher than what TMDB has, so I can potentially diagnose issues with their data. But the UI in that situation seems that it can be improved…

Well, I’ve done it. I have read a book that is not available on Amazon.
For info, it’s https://bookmeter.com/books/12717257

According to legal details at the end of the book (literally the first time I read those), the book is intended as a gift for people who preordered the 7th edition of the 広辞苑 and is not for sell. I was a bit rough to find on bookmeter (I had to go through google) but I didn’t think much of it. It’s when I tried to find an ISBN to look it up on amazon (the title returned nothing) that I found that it didn’t have any!

So, is there a way to add it to natively anyway, @brandon ? :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I once read a short story on Aozora that wasn’t available on BookMeter. Truly a :scream: moment

Edit: it’s good if you like cheating and little aliens. I can find it for anyone interested

3 Likes

I can technically add things to Natively without Amazon links, but it’s a lot of work currently so I only allow it for Tadoku presently. Sorry! :sweat_smile:

hopefully this occurs very infrequently

1 Like

If it’s about finding the right info, I can do it for you, if you give me the list of required entries.
I can even put it in the csv format or anything else that would be convenient.

3 Likes

Since I’ve run into these a bunch myself, I suggested a blank book option way back.

2 Likes