Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

Yeah, I think I should change how I do that. Those non-non biyori covers are a mess i know. The best I can do it looks like is this:

which chops off the sides but is better I think. Even the kindle covers are wack so that’s not a great option either. I’ll try to see if that style update would break any other book covers, but thanks for the note!

Sorry, let me explain why I think this will get confusing.

For Attack on Titan we currently have this:

That is:

• TV Season #1 = S1
  • TV Season #2 = S2
  • TV Season #3 = S3
  • TV Season #4 = The Final Season

However, once the splits are added, you’ll get this:

• TV Season #1 = S1
  • TV Season #2 = S2
  • TV Season #3 = S3 part 1
  • TV Season #4 = S3 part 2
  • TV Season #5 = The Final Season part 1
  • TV Season #6 = The Final Season part 2

Note the #4 for S3 part 2, which is a bit weird.

This will be even weirder for Spy x Family where you’ll have:

• TV Season #1 = S1 part 1
  • TV Season #2 = S1 part 2
  • TV Season #3 = S2

So a TV Season #3 called S2…

Using AniList as a guide makes a lot of sense. But I’m starting to think the whole “TV Season #X” thing won’t make sense in a world with season splits.

1 Like

What’s wrong with the Kindle covers?

Seems to match my copy fine.

1 Like

I see. Well I could remove that numbering scheme for TV sure. Frankly, could probably remove that number globally.

They’re just vertical, but perhaps that’s better than chopped…

1 Like

But did you look at the picture of my physical copy? Weird as it is, that’s how the covers are actually designed.

2 Likes

Fair enough! Updated.

1 Like

They are clearly meant to be displayed landscape though* - maybe a force override to flip it sideways? I doubt it happens that often though, so maybe that’s asking too much. Still, better sideways than stretched!

*ok they’re still manga so the manga is meant to be vertical like normal … I dunno.

1 Like

Yeah it’s either chopped or vertical. I won’t be handling the 0.01% of cases where it’s landscape. I recommend tilting your head :joy:

6 Likes

I just decided to remove it from my library and add it back again and it fixed the problem. I can now grade it.
I guess that when there’s a problem, just turn it off and back on again.
(Not sure why that happened though)

Edit: it is stuck on the last grading though. Even after answering it and returning to dashboard, it says I have more gradings available, which is the last one. No matter how many times I try, it doesn’t go through.

Found a fun bug with the season splits, at least when the show was on your list pre-split and it was automatically updated after the split was added. The start and end dates for each split are tied together, so changing one also changes the other. Interestingly the notes do seem to be independent despite being in the same editor.

Small bug with the page title. Apparently when you are on any of your profile pages, the page title gets stuck on whichever one loaded first. For example, click “My Books” from the main menu bar and the title will say “xyz’s books”. Then click “Activity” or “Videos” from the sub-menu bar and note that the title still says “xyz’s books”.

1 Like

Yeah this one is a known but that I don’t particularly care about… as the titles are mainly for google but their nice for humans too. Google should be reloading the page.

Eventually i might fix.

Okay, not a big deal anyway.

Any thoughts on the season split issue I mentioned above?

1 Like

whoops1 yeah i marked that down. I didn’t expect they’d be tied together but I can see how it’d happen :sweat_smile:

Will investigate

1 Like

On the stats page, when you switch from months to years or vice versa the entire page disappears and reappears really jarringly. I don’t remember it being like that before.

EDIT: Or going back/forward a time interval. Or changing books/pages. So anything it seems.

I also just noticed that going back a page actually goes back one less than the period shown. For example, current page in months is September to March. Clicking left makes it March to September, but I would expect February to August so there’s no overlap. Is that intentional? It’s also usually showing 7 months at a time, but one range made it 6 months. :thinking:

1 Like

I’ve noticed this too, I think it started when the audiovisual update happened

1 Like

@brandon Just to follow up, the splits are even more tied than expected!

If I rate an anime that’s on my wish list it doesn’t mark it as completed. Shouldn’t it assume that it’s now completed or at least prompt for that automatically? I think it’s the same for books. When I rate something that’s not on my list at all it does this, so I think it would make sense to do the same if it’s in Wish List or Owned.

Noted.

I kinda think an overlap is nice, but understand if that’s not fully expected. Perhaps I should change.

Yikes! Yeah i’ll be fixing these issues today.

So, I think I only ever moved it to finished if you hadn’t added it to your library, even before the audiovisual update. I agree though, it probably makes sense to have the popup fire asking you if you want to mark it complete. I honestly should have that popup fire basically every time I think, if the book / video isn’t marked finished.

1 Like

I agree. The automatic update to Finished when it’s not in your list is nice, but changing that to be a prompt (for consistency) and improving the Wish List / Owned case by prompting any time a rating is entered (if it’s not already Finished) feels nice and clean.

1 Like