Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

I woke up to find it suddenly with a sidebar, and it’s awful. But since it can be closed/hidden, that’s better than the one that tumblr recently implemented… I still like the previous hamburger menu better, but I can live with the collapsable sidebar

3 Likes

Fair enough :sweat_smile:. What I will say for the sidebar is that I think it makes the ‘latest’ view work better, as you can see the category taxonomy on the left hand side. If we do approve the sidebar, i’d be inclined to make a poll for the default view switch from ‘all categories’ to the ‘latest’ view as well.

But I do understand it takes up a bit of realestate, which some people might find cluttered.

3 Likes

It is a bit weird that the menu includes hidden categories.

2 Likes

I like the sidebar. Less empty space. :sweat_smile: I didn’t even realize it existed before this. :rofl:

2 Likes

Honestly, this is just atrocious. UI elements moving is just miserable. Doubly worse when the exact menu you just clicked is jumping around :confused:. Having to close the sidebar everytime you want to move is just extra work.

3 Likes

I just hid it on the hamburger menu and as long as it remembers my preference consistently I don’t really care.

Yes, I’m looking at you, cookie manager

2 Likes

I have a slightly annoying bug:

The site keeps asking me to grade things,
but

:face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

As I browse through the site I find myself periodically clicking on the “Level 41” tags, hoping that they will take me to a view of other books at that level…which, of course, they never do :slight_smile: (Typically I’m looking at the page for a given book that I’ve read, and wonder “what else is there at this kind of difficulty?”)

Would having a link to “other books at this level” in the popup be useful for anybody else, or am I just weird?

5 Likes

It’s not something I’ve thought of before, but it could be useful. :+1:

2 Likes

Why is volume of 86 randomly listed separately even though I have series view on?? The rest of the series didn’t even come in this search. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Alright, since the poll had a decent amount of votes (22) I decided to close. The sidebar did end up winning by one vote … but after reading the comments, I feel more comfortable switching back to the header hamburger menu for 2 reasons:

1. People against the sidebar seemed to be stronger against than the people pro were for it.
  2. There do seem to be some implementation issues (muted categories shown? Sub categories not shown well?). Those still exist in the hamburger menu but are less prominent.

@morteASD @enbyboiwonder

I will investigate :thinking:

Only way to know is submit a product request :slight_smile:

Will investigate.

Edit: @slidevore not sure… I can’t seem to replicate? What search were you doing?

7 Likes

I was trying to look for the slime LN next to it.

Could you give me a link?

Now that I try and look it up again it doesn’t come up? Weird.

1 Like

Ok, this should be resolved for you. It revealed a bug in my comparison generator, good catch.

Hmm, ok. I did add just simply ‘86’ as an alternative title… perhaps that fixed it?

2 Likes

What was the search term? It’s easy to get just the one volume if you enter part of its specific title.

Even with series collapse, I will get this volume if I use terms that are specific enough. That’s probably what happened for you (even though I can’t think of an overlap between both titles…).

3 Likes

Checking back in on this, @brandon; were you ever able to root out the cause?

4 Likes

sorry, I think this may have slipped by me. Where is this?

1 Like

It’s on a lot of the book pages, particularly the recently added books. I don’t think it’s all of them—I had a quick look through several random books in my finished list, and all the ones that had already been on the site when I joined had 1 of each link, one of the new ones the same, a couple new ones had 2 JP and 1 US link, but most of the new ones had 2 of each

4 Likes

I see. If anyone has links, that’d be helpful too.

1 Like