Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

수고했습니다! :grin:

A quick question: I don’t vote on bug requests because I assumed you’d work on them based on how quickly/easily they could be fixed, which are the most important to rectify, etc. But is it worth voting on bugs? Would it be helpful to show how much it impacts user experience? :thinking:

3 Likes

That’s generally right, yes, but it doesn’t hurt! Some bugs certainly languish a long time…

3 Likes

The main problem with the votes is the turnaround right now is not that good.ç

Brandon has been busy with big tasks/features, so they languish for a long time.

Having a big number of votes to vote each user also kinda defeats the point, as you could vote anything that seems useful, instead of giving a priority to the ones you want the most.
Is a bit of a balance game to play.

5 Likes

I think voting for everything that you want is fine. Otherwise it becomes a game. I think you should just give us more votes. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Well that would be up to @brandon :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I didn’t know you could run out of votes. :eyes:

1 Like

I’ve increased the number of votes. It’s not infinite, but it’s near double what you had before.

It’d be nice to have the game and maybe that is the more appropriate way to play it… but tbh, I don’t think the mechanism is super well tuned. A lot of these votes depend on when something is ‘bumped’ in the forums. And decreasing the number of votes you have also has warts too. If you only had 5 votes for instance, perhaps the only items that would get voted on would be major value adds like Content Tags / Rereads, even though there are things of other value too.

Anyway, I’m not sure i’ll ever keep up with the request volume (life of a dev…), but there are quite a few highly voted small tickets I should really knock out.

8 Likes

Well, I am out of votes, so there’s that :stuck_out_tongue:

You mean you’re still out of votes? I did update the settings so you should have them. Perhaps it takes a day to recalculate?

Oh, sorry, I had the page saying limit just before opening this one, but I guess that was just not reloaded.
It looks fine now.

1 Like

TIL there’s a vote limit :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Small Product Update

Hey all - per @bibliothecary’s request, I’ve made a new top level category - All Languages - Natively Forums .

This category will serve as a general category for people who want to interact with the broader language community. I ended up naming it ‘All Languages’ rather than ‘Language Learning’ or ‘General’, simply to emphasize that this category contains the same types of topics as the top level ‘Japanese’ or ‘Korean’ categories… just for everyone / multilingual.

If people prefer a different name, I’m all ears!

Also, you will note that there are now more tags in the language categories which everyone can apply (learning-log, resource). We can add to these tags as we see fit. The All Language category additionally has ‘korean’ & ‘japanese’ as tags… but more languages are welcome.

Right now, I’ve included the ‘All Languages’ category into your Natively Dashboard feed, but this will change as we get to have a larger multilingual community.

8 Likes

I worry you’ll end up with duplicate topics in All Languages that are also in the individual language categories, scattering conversation in confusing ways. Guess we’ll see.

One thing from the request topic I want to respond to though:

Is there a reason to have the learning log topics in All Languages given that users can still unmute or visit other language categories?

2 Likes

I very much appreciate being able to filter by books available on audible. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I personally would prefer them in one place without having to go to multiple categories to see what is essentially the same thing.

5 Likes

Anyone had this happen where the time on your status updates is wrong?

Those should both be “2 hours ago,” and in fact 20 hrs ago would be 11 p.m. last night in my time zone, though it is properly marked as being finished today, 8/11. When I didn’t see it under Global, I thought for some reason it just wasn’t showing up, but…

1 Like

Interesting. So it looks like you manually set the date finished, which puts it as finished at 00:00:00 on 8/11 (really we only store the date 8/11/2023, but for activities we treat it as 00:00:00).

If you simply let the auto process mark it finished, then we use the exact time it was marked finished.

In general, we still need to implement timezones, would really solve a lot of these issues.

What do you mean by “auto process”?

1 Like

Ah, I meant using the ‘update progress’ pop up, or the quick toggle button.

Out of curiosity, how did you mark the book finished?

Found it in my “Owned” list, went to the book page since I was planning on adding a review, then marked it as finished from the dropdown thingy

What “update progress” pop-up?