Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

Unfortunately, I’m still seeing this. No movies come up when I order by ‘recently reviewed’ in Videos with no filters on, and now if I do filter to just movies, it says there are no results.

1 Like

Oh wow, very nice catch, thank you. It’s fixed now! I just forgot to back populate movies… did everything else.

2 Likes

I find this a bit confusing. It almost sounds like simultaneously a like feature and a bookmark feature. Just because I like someone’s review doesn’t mean I want to bookmark it.

:grimacing:

I don’t know about that policy. Can you add a new preference for that or something? I have my profile public, but I’m not sure I want my content highlighted outside of Natively.

12 Likes

Seconding the request for a a preference for this, as I’m also on the fence. No idea if any of my reviews would even be of interest, but I have a few that I’d prefer a check in for. It doesn’t necessarily make sense to adjust profile privacy just for that

8 Likes

You know, that makes sense. I’ll changed the language to ‘liked’ reviews rather than ‘saved’ reviews. Would that make more sense? Or would you prefer to relegate ‘likes’ to the activity page?

For reference, discourse also remembers everything you liked which you can view.

Good to know. Ok, I’ll get approval to start off with. If I find almost everyone is ok with it, then perhaps we can revisit at a later date.

9 Likes

That seems like the way to go to me

And thx, re: review sharing

9 Likes

I’m not sure I’d have much use for it, but I don’t have an issue with it. Seems reasonable to me.

4 Likes

Someone might have said so already, but I was checking your posts on twitter, and the banner for Natively says “The book reading community for Japanese & Korean language learners”. It seems a bit odd on a post about learning German :joy:

7 Likes

Is it intentional that I can like my own reviews? Seems a bit strange to do so, but maybe there’s a point I’m missing.

Are review likes anonymous?

5 Likes

Ugh, I know haha. I guess I hadn’t updated the meta information on the website and so it pulled it. Apparently it caches for a week so I just said whatever. Future posts that will be fixed though :sweat_smile:

I could make it disabled. I didn’t because that weird behavior is also on discourse… but then again, there’s no reason not to disable it.

Right now they are, but maybe they shouldn’t be? What do we think?

5 Likes

Do you mean I can like my own posts in the forum? I don’t think I can.

Not sure how to vote, to be honest. I’d say not anonymous, but then there are people with private profiles who probably won’t want to show their likes either, so they might need special treatment.
On the other hand, if I follow someone because our likes coincide and I respect their opinion, being able to also see their liked reviews might be helpful.

8 Likes
Should review likes be visible?
  • Yes
  • No
  • I don’t care
0 voters

Edit: Changed the poll as I think the last one was confusing (voting for a negative)
@Mizuki … as you’re the one vote it impacted

5 Likes

Dang, even tweeting about book club votes? Nice.

4 Likes

I don’t understand the poll question. Does visible mean “people can see this when they visit my profile”? or “the author receives a notification that I liked this”? or “it possibly shows on the book’s/review’s pg that I liked it”

Imo it seems like something to include a profile preference for.

Ppl with public profiles who might not want to show the likes also seems possible. (Not sure it makes a difference to me personally, but I know I’ve turned that sorta thing off on other sites, in the past)

10 Likes

Maybe include a checkbox in settings for “allow use of my profile/reviews for promotional purposes” for tweeting reviews or using profiles as examples when new languages launch?

10 Likes

…switched off by default.

8 Likes

@brandon

There’s no natively tag on the Amazon link on the series page sync:

Last Synced (Amazon)

2 Likes

Nice catch - updated. Gotta get those funds :money_mouth_face:

4 Likes

I can’t access natively, it says there’s some problem with the servers.

Edit: still down for me

1 Like

Still? I can access right now