Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

Yep, same error

Ah, found the issue. Affecting all series pages without an Amazon url. Whoops!

3 Likes

Oh weird, I can actually get access to natively through searching for a new natively page, but the Natively tabs that I already have open are the buggy ones

1 Like

Ok, all good now ! Thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s very possible that I’m just being a dummy, but has the browse by level function been removed?

It used to be that you could choose a level, and then browse all media types that fit into it.

1 Like

It has been changed, but not removed… it’s still at Browse Popular Japanese Books, Movies & TV Shows | Natively. You can still browse by level.

I have reduced the number of rows though. Rather than separate rows for novels, manga, light novel… etc, there’s just one row for books. Textbooks & graded readers are separated out still.

I’ve also added a recently reviewed row. There will also be another row soon for the upcoming feature of collections.

So, still there but changing.

5 Likes

Thank you for the quick and detailed reply!

1 Like

The link under it still says “see all manga”, though (but provides the correct result)

3 Likes

It would be neat to have separate recently reviewed rows for Books, and TV/Movies, imo

Excited for collections, when it comes!!

4 Likes

Plus the way it works now, the row is titled “recently reviewed,” and it includes both books and shows/movies, but the link underneath is for recently reviewed books and does show only books (unlike the popular books row whose link says “see all manga” but correctly takes you to all books). To see recently reviewed shows/movies, you have to search for them yourself

4 Likes

These are all good points. I didn’t really have a great place to link you from those ‘recent reviews’ but i’m thinking of potentially having a ‘review feed’ page where you could see all the recent reviews in a stream. That’d be the ideal place to link from that row.

I’m not sure I want to have two rows but we’ll see :slight_smile:

Good call out on the ‘all manga’ bug @Naphthalene !

4 Likes

Off topic, but I’m looking at my dashboard and 後宮の烏 doesn’t have a BC icon, despite having a book club.

3 Likes

I’ve reported that kind of thing via the per-book “have feedback?” form in the past – my assumption is that it goes more reliably into Brandon’s todo list that way.

4 Likes

Yes this is true. That feedback queue goes to my part-time contractor Tarek (some of you may have gotten messages from him) and he handles a variety of those sorts of tasks if there are instructions.

Which is why they’re more reliably done :laughing:

If you wouldn’t mind submitting a feedback report @暁のルナ that’d be great!

6 Likes

Feedback report submitted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Has 0 reviews and 0 ratings, but it’s labelled 5 stars?

Every series shows 5 stars right now. Has no one written a bug yet?

2 Likes

@brandon Can you change the favorites styling back to using the lighter pink for individual volumes when the series is favorited? Now the series and individual volume hearts look the same, so it only clarifies that the series is what’s favorited when you click the heart on a specific volume.

4 Likes

I’m still returning from my trip and I have to deal with jetlag probably, so not sure, might have missed it.

@brandon if it’s not a quick fix I can fill a bug report for the ratings?

2 Likes

Yeah somehow that lighter shade code got broken. Will be fixed with the new user lists feature coming by the end of the week (Collections has been renamed to Lists FYI).

That’d be great! Thanks. It should be a very quick fix, just have to look at it…

7 Likes