赤ずきん、旅の途中で死体と出会う Week 2

Welcome to week two of 赤ずきん、旅の途中で死体と出会う !

Home thread for announcements, wiki, etc

We are following the below schedule (page counts may vary based on your medium):

Week Up to
Week 1 - April 22nd Read all of chapter 2

I will generally copy this information over thread to thread each week for ease of finding - you can always expect the schedule at the top of any weekly thread :slight_smile:

:policeman: Law and Order :policewoman:

• Any reveals, for the current chapters must be behind spoilers or detail curtains. When we get further in you don’t need to hide details that were revealed in previous chapters.
  • Questions on vocab, grammar, nuance, and the like are both welcome and encouraged. If you’re not sure if it’s a spoiler, assume it is and use one of the above options to hide the text.
  • You are encouraged to speculate and guess wildly
  • Be kind about other peoples’ wild guesses :sparkling_heart:
  • Even if you don’t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post in the thread for that reading once you have finished it. I advise not reading ahead in the threads as you may see spoilers.

To gauge participation - a poll!

Are you reading week 2 of 赤ずきん、旅の途中で死体と出会う ?

• Yes, I’m planning to read along/am reading along this week
  • I’m reading, but not at the same pace as the club
  • I’m just following the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters

Happy sleuthing! :male_detective:

3 Likes

I’ve just finished this week’s reading! I have to admit, as a kid I never realised how dark the whole story of Hansel and Gretel is…

I enjoyed the overall story and of course the deduction was fun and very creative - I like how the fairytale elements are used in this book. Hansel is a truly creepy villain. But I will say the evidence is a bit contrived in the end, so that was a little disappointing! What a random thing to do, have a bear move the entire house just in case Hansel makes a slip about the cellar…

2 Likes

Haven’t finished yet, but Hänsel is giving me major creeps. Is he abusing his 8 year old sister? :scream: I feel that’s too dark for this, so probably not, but the scene just now made it seem like he does…

3 Likes

I think he did, unfortunately. Caught me really off guard tbh. :frowning:

3 Likes