シャドウ Week 4 👻

Welcome the fourth week of シャドウ !

Home thread for announcements, wiki, etc

We are following the below schedule (page counts may vary based on your medium):

Week Up to Approximate Pages Approx. Percent Paperback page
Week 4 - July 1 Read up to chapter 3, (五) 42 47% 159 (文庫本)

I will generally copy this information over thread to thread each week for ease of finding - you can always expect the schedule at the top of any weekly thread :slight_smile:

:policeman: Law and Order :policewoman:

• Any reveals, for the current chapters must be behind spoilers or detail curtains. When we get further in you don’t need to hide details that were revealed in previous chapters.
  • Questions on vocab, grammar, nuance, and the like are both welcome and encouraged. If you’re not sure if it’s a spoiler, assume it is and use one of the above options to hide the text.
  • You are encouraged to speculate and guess wildly
  • Be kind about other peoples’ wild guesses :sparkling_heart:
  • Even if you don’t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post in the thread for that reading once you have finished it. I advise not reading ahead in the threads as you may see spoilers.

To gauge participation - a poll!

Are you reading week 4 of シャドウ ?

• Yes, I’m planning to read along/am reading along this week
  • I’m reading, but not at the same pace as the club
  • I’m just following the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters

Happy sleuthing! :male_detective:

I really don’t know what to think anymore. I had ruled out Mizushiro as the abuser because of the timing. He should have been at work, right? Or am I misremembering something?
I’m really not sure how far I can trust any of the information we get when Yoichiro is the narrator. I’m starting to think he doesn’t have as firm a grip on reality as he would like us to believe. Is he projecting his own issues onto Mizushiro? Is Mizushiro the sane one? But then, that doesn’t sound right either. Just what is going on with these people? I feel like every week I’m left with more questions than answers. Are any of them reliable narrators?
I’m glad Aki at least has Osuke. I liked the last scene, though I wish he’d stop worrying about what name to call her.

3 Likes

Off topic but why am I not allowed to vote in this poll? :thinking:

Looking at my notes for this week, it was mostly questions and confusion. :sweat_smile:

One unrelated to the plot was, did Taji refer to himself as あたし or did I mishear?

4 Likes

The kids feel the most honest - but I don’t think anyone is reliable, as in objective here. I really like that, haha.

3 Likes

My thoughts exactly :weary: this book is so confusing! :rofl:

3 Likes

Yep, in the text he uses 私

2 Likes

I can no longer change my vote, so I guess the poll closed prematurely but pretends to still be open. :eyes:

2 Likes

huh, dunno what happened there. I didn’t come back to this thread since voting so far as I remember so I don’t think I did this? :joy: I unlocked it

4 Likes

Did I vote yes, I’m reading along? Yes, yes I did.
Did that turn out to be big fat lie? Yes, of course it did.
Are we surprised? No. :rofl:

But I am glad I am not the only one who is wondering wth is going on… glad I can just continue on to the next section. :eyes:

4 Likes