Week 6 of 7️⃣ 七回死んだ男 💀

Welcome to week 6 of 七回死んだ男 !

As a reminder, we are following the below schedule (page counts may vary based on your medium):

Week 1 とりあえず事件のさわりだけでも + 主人公は設定を説明する 19 pages

Week 2 登場人物たちが一堂に会す 24 pages

Week 3 不穏な空気はさらに高まる + そして事件は起きる 47 pages

Week 4 やっぱり事件は起きる + しつこく事件は起きる 38 pages

Week 5 まだまだ事件は起きる 27 pages

Week 6 それでも事件は起きる + 嫌でも事件は起きる 34 pages

Week 7 事件は最後にあがく + そして誰も死ななかったりする 28 pages

Week 8 事件は逆襲する + 螺旋を抜けるとき + 時の螺旋は終わらない 34 pages

I will generally copy this information over thread to thread each week for ease of finding - you can always expect the schedule at the top of any weekly thread :slight_smile:

:policeman: Law and Order :policewoman:

• Any reveals, for the current chapters must be behind spoilers or detail curtains. When we get further in you don’t need to hide details that were revealed in previous chapters.

• Questions on vocab, grammar, nuance, and the like are both welcome and encouraged. If you’re not sure if it’s a spoiler, assume it is and use one of the above options to hide the text.

• You are encouraged to speculate and guess wildly

• Be kind about other peoples’ wild guesses :sparkling_heart:

• Even if you don’t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post in the thread for that reading once you have finished it. I advise not reading ahead in the threads as you may see spoilers.

To gauge participation - a poll!

Are you reading week 6?

• Yes, I’m planning to read along/am reading along this week
  • I’m reading, but not at the same pace as the club
  • I had no intentions of reading the book, but I desire to click a poll

0 voters

Happy sleuthing! :male_detective:

Welp, feels like it’s basically confirmed at this point that Tomori is doing it in order to lock in her+Qchan as the heirs with the existing will.

Also, my theory for the plant is Grandpa is asking them to bring the orchid to him (although I’m not sure why), and either Tomori is killing Grandpa while they’re away (causing them to drop the plant in shock when they return) or after they drop the plant off. Mai is the only one who doesn’t retrieve the plant b/c she’s having an emotional breakdown when she encounters Grandpa.

2 Likes

I read this week and next week already. The second half of this book seems a lot easier to me than the first… but maybe it is really just me getting used to the writing. :thinking: Though I do find myself zoning out quite a bit. It just doesn’t really hold my attention. :smiling_face_with_tear: Luckily I don’t have to solve this or anything. :rofl:

2 Likes

Finally finished this week’s reading! I feel behind on my book clubs again :weary:

I’m also more and more convinced it’s Tomori. Poor Q. He will be heart broken twice. Also good call on the origami @Bad_Player

2 Likes

Man, I actually read most of this week’s last chapter last week and put it down without realizing I had literally one page left. :person_facepalming: Good call on the origami being the method to pick the heirs @Bad_Player. I have to say, putting them in a box and drawing two at random is not what I was imagining. You seriously couldn’t have come up with a better way to pick a person or two, grandpa? Really?

3 Likes

It’s awful, but isn’t that exactly why it’s on-brand? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes