Week 7 of 7️⃣ 七回死んだ男 💀

Welcome to week 7 of 七回死んだ男 !

As a reminder, we are following the below schedule (page counts may vary based on your medium):

Week 1 とりあえず事件のさわりだけでも + 主人公は設定を説明する 19 pages
Week 2 登場人物たちが一堂に会す 24 pages
Week 3 不穏な空気はさらに高まる + そして事件は起きる 47 pages
Week 4 やっぱり事件は起きる + しつこく事件は起きる 38 pages
Week 5 まだまだ事件は起きる 27 pages
Week 6 それでも事件は起きる + 嫌でも事件は起きる 34 pages
Week 7 事件は最後にあがく + そして誰も死ななかったりする 28 pages
Week 8 事件は逆襲する + 螺旋を抜けるとき + 時の螺旋は終わらない 34 pages

I will generally copy this information over thread to thread each week for ease of finding - you can always expect the schedule at the top of any weekly thread :slight_smile:

:policeman: Law and Order :policewoman:

• Any reveals, for the current chapters must be behind spoilers or detail curtains. When we get further in you don’t need to hide details that were revealed in previous chapters.

• Questions on vocab, grammar, nuance, and the like are both welcome and encouraged. If you’re not sure if it’s a spoiler, assume it is and use one of the above options to hide the text.

• You are encouraged to speculate and guess wildly

• Be kind about other peoples’ wild guesses :sparkling_heart:

• Even if you don’t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post in the thread for that reading once you have finished it. I advise not reading ahead in the threads as you may see spoilers.

To gauge participation - a poll!

Are you reading week 7?

• Yes, I’m planning to read along/am reading along this week
  • I’m reading, but not at the same pace as the club
  • I had no intentions of reading the book, but I desire to click a poll

0 voters

Happy sleuthing! :male_detective:

1 Like

I finally finished this week’s reading after 3 attempts. I think all of that could have easily have been 5 pages. Me, to the author:
talktoomuch

I’m mildly interested as to Q’s revelation at the end of the chapter (the missing lawyer) but I mostly just want it over with :joy:

2 Likes

\o/ I blasted through this week’s reading this afternoon, so unless something terrible occurs I should be able to finish on time with everyone else! :tada::tada::tada:

Thoughts so far… The missing lawyer is intriguing. Not sure what’s going to come of that, if anything. I took a peek ahead at the next page, and it seems my theory of him being off my a day was completely off the mark. :\ Dang, I thought it was a clever idea, too…

The murder apparently just being grandpa drinking too much and people arranging the crime scene I’m surprisingly okay with; seems like something most of the family would do, at least. If this ends up being the case I would’ve like a bit more personalization to each crime , though.

Grandpa screwing over the two dads just because he could… I rolled my eyes a bit. You have problems, my good sir, sand it’s probably no wonder your descendants ended up the way they did.

I’m wondering if there’s one last twist in the end, given there’s still like a fifth of the book to go apparently. Hopefully it’s a good one; there’s not much time left to pull a fast one.

1 Like

Commentary like this honestly makes reading the book worth it :joy:

1 Like

Hahaha. From the bits of comments I’ve seen while dodging threads I’m behind on, it seems the book did not end up being a popular choice. :sweat_smile: I’m waiting to reserve judgement until the end (you can never count out stupid twists), but I’m glad that my thoughts can help a little bit, haha.

1 Like

I’m not sure I’d be so grumpy about this book if not for the fact that every other book I’ve got going or had going recently has been solid. 半落ち was amazing, この本を盗む者は I’ve really enjoyed the chaotic energy of, レベル7 is all kinds of intriguing, 花束は毒 is a slow burn but so far pretty enjoyable, and 幽霊を見ない is delightful surprise book of essays. This book had a lot to compete with!

1 Like