Week 9 🏰 今ζ—₯γ‹γ‚‰γƒžηŽ‹! πŸ‘‘ | BL Book Club πŸ‘¨β€β€οΈβ€πŸ‘¨

1018b023-97c9-4269-b98e-8624e88e4212 e7bd7e83-a65d-446c-b5db-65b40591f93b

Book Club Links

Reading Schedule

Week Start Date Chapter End page (original) End page (combined- digital) No. of pages End page (combined - physical) No. of pages Notes
Week 9 Feb 5 6 151 146 19 156 20 end of chapter

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers for the current week should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • Please mention where you are in the book, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That’s a welcome part of the discussion, and other readers will be happy to help.
  • Even if you don’t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post your thoughts.

Poll

Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • I’m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • I’m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters
1 Like
Chapter 6

Wow, Wolfram really acts like a sore loser in this chapter. It actually makes me a bit frustrated reading it - these guys are all supposed to be loyal and proudly protecting the 魔族, but fight dirty and even get innocent bystanders hit? Geez

2 Likes

Agreed on him being a sore loser. He did say that ユーγƒͺ could pick the rules. It’s his fault for not being clearer :smirk:
On his fidelity to the ι­”ηŽ‹, well, he doesn’t recognize ユーγƒͺ as such, so it’s because of his loyalty that he acts this way.

1 Like

I was expecting some cringe from the fight, but it was an unexpectedly good one! I got a few chuckles out of Wolfram panicking a bit when Yuri suggested they de-robe for the fight and Wolfram’s mom cheering it on, haha. And Yuri taking Wolfram out almost instantly during the sumo portion, haha.

Wolfram never really endeared himself to me in the manga because of this; he never really got past β€œbrat stage” for me.

3 Likes