What are you watching today?

I hope you all are having a great time watching. What are you watching today?

2 Likes

I’m halfway through 커피프린스 and suddenly there’s no more Korean subtitles! :sweat_smile:
Not a huge deal, since I’ve seen it before, but it just got a lot more difficult to understand without subs as a crutch. :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh my - brave soul!

1 Like

Watched the Korean dub of Beauty and the Beast | L25 which was fun. For some reason I’ve had a non-stop playlist of Disney songs in my head the past few days, so I thought I may as well listen to the Korean versions. I’ll probably be watching more Disney films since they’re low-hanging fruit. :grapes: :laughing:

71f8de883e47fed9599a1a1d0cec8e73

Me and my Korean books :joy:

2 Likes

Finished watching 시맨틱 에러 S1 | L29 today, and after Viki promted me to rate it (I gave it a 6), I was shocked to see that the average rating (from almost 150k users) was 9.7! :exploding_head:

Totally forgot that Viki ratings are practically useless since almost everything is rated 9 or more. I’ll have to use the decimals as a guideline I guess… So 9.7/10 is really 7/10. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I think part of it too is that this is an adaption from a (I believe) really well-known and popular webnovel, so the rating’s automatically getting +5, even if the actual work’s only so-so. You should definitely leave a review on the Natively page; I’d be interested in seeing your thoughts about it.

1 Like

Already done! :smile:

1 Like

Oooh, I must’ve missed it the first time. Thanks!

1 Like

Romance usually is but I’ve noticed more serious shows and anything that dares to release episodes before the English subs are finished gets hit with lower reviews :joy:

2 Likes

Finished watching the dub of The Hunchback of Notre Dame | L25 and love the Korean version of the ending song. :heart:

That 90s aesthetic… :laughing:

2 Likes

A productive day! :rofl:

2 Likes

I keep wandering between series…

Just started 마당이 있는 집 S1 | L30, which is pretty awesome, great creepy vibes. I’d say it’s on the harder end of what I’m comfortable watching.

Continue to dabble in 다시 만난 세계 S1 | L10 because it’s quite easy (not L10 easy, but very easy for a kdrama). It’s getting dumber and more annoying however.

I’ve also started watching 당신이 잠든 사이에 S1 | L30, which i’ve already seen in English. It’s a pretty sappy / romantic kdrama too, but it’s high production value and a relatively good premise (their sleeping dreams are becoming true and they try to stop them). It gets worse as the series wears on though, so we’ll see if I last lol.

3 Likes

Ah, the eternal struggle of being a language learner: “I understand this, but don’t enjoy it; I enjoy this but don’t understand it” :rofl:

I’m planning to read 마당이 있는 집 | L30 at some point, so I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on the TV series. The book has such a great tagline: “마당에서 시체 냄새가 난다.” :skull: :laughing:

3 Likes

well, the series addresses this in the first episode haha. The first episode was good, you start to feel like you’re going insane right along with the main character.

Yes it is an eternal battle haha.

I will let you know how it turns out… if I continue to plow on.

2 Likes

Just what I like from my entertainment! :rofl:

1 Like

Continuing the Disney theme, I’m currently watching 라이온 킹 2 | L25. ‘He Lives in You’ is my favourite song from the film series, and I am in love with the Korean version! :heart_eyes:

가사

저 소리 들리는가
영혼의 속삭임
난 볼 수는 없어도
들려오는 소리 워어어어

소리

언제든지 함께 있어
어디에서나 우릴 지켜봐
땅 위에서나 물에서도
그림자처럼 함께있어

함께있어
워어어어

언제든지 함께 있어
어디에서나 우릴 지켜봐
땅 위에서나 물에서도
그림자처럼 함께있어

언제든지

3 Likes

As you may have noticed, I’ve been watching some Korean-dubbed Ghibli this week and it’s wonderfully easy. Much easier than normal dramas!

It’s also quite nice too to leverage the Japanese difficulty ratings to pick the easy ones :laughing:

4 Likes

I started watching 힙하게 | L30 / “Behind Your Touch”, and it’s extremely silly! The basic premise is a veterinarian who has psychic powers…but they only work when she touches the butt of whomever/whatever she’s trying to read. :joy: It’s a funny and relaxing watch so far!

5 Likes

I continue to watch 솔로지옥 S3 | L17?? like the rest of korea :melting_face:

I must say, I always appreciate it when one of the more popular people is an absolute walking red flag (관히). This season has been pretty spicy haha.

From a language learning perspective, these sorts of reality shows have really basic vocabulary, but since they’re speaking about their emotions, often times I struggle with the nuance… which is usually the entire message. Compared with something like 장송의 프리렌 S1 | L29?? which is a relaxed, anime adventure… that has way harder vocabulary but if I know all the words in a sentence, then I invariably get the meaning.

5 Likes

Oh nooo there is a third season? I guess I need to go check it out…:joy:

4 Likes