What are you watching today?

Let us know what you are watching in Spanish today!

3 Likes

I just started watching La chica de nieve. So far it’s pretty good, I just hadn’t realized it was a thriller so I was a bit surprised at first.

For the word of the day, in all my years of learning Spanish I somehow missed the word for traffic lights, semáforo. I guess that’s on me for spending too much time reading and analyzing old literature and historic texts.

7 Likes

I guess that evolved from semaphores, very cool :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Today I’m watching Entre tierras. I only have a few episodes left but I’m deeply uninspired to finish lol. I chose it because it’s about someone from Andalucía and I thought it might have the Andaluz dialect but most of the characters do not.

I want to finish this and Guante blanco because they’ve both been hanging around way too long on my currently watching lol

4 Likes

I just watched Como caído del cielo yesterday and it was the worst (and most ridiculous) movie I’ve seen in quite a while. There was lots of singing, lots of machismo, and lots of random events stuck together (a car chase, a boxing fight, and a quiñceañera all fit into the last half of the movie!). Not recommended unless you want something super ridiculous that isn’t terribly difficult. I watched with Spanish subtitles and it was pretty easy.

5 Likes