"What should I read next?" Megathread

This is exactly the type of thread indecisive people (like me) needed. Can’t choose a book to read? Just have the forums choose for you! I know I’m definitely going to be using this one a lot in the future. :laughing:

4 Likes

Welp. :rofl: The people have spoken. I guess I’m reading both at the same time.

14 Likes

Alright, my turn I guess. I just finished 本好き volume 16, so assuming I read something else before going into volume 17, what should it be?

1 Like

Next time make a poll of uneven options :rofl:

1 Like

Well, I’m done with the light novel series I was reading (聖女の魔力は万能です). What next?

What should I read next

0 voters

Justifying my vote: I just started casually reading 異世界の名探偵 and while I’m less than 50 pages in I kinda think you’d dig it. I submitted it to Natively but don’t think it’s had a chance to be added yet fwiw

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll have a look!

Also, I think I should let you know that I started reading 怪人二十面相 as buffer while waiting for the poll results. I picked that book based on your review (I also got the printed version with historical footnotes)

2 Likes

Hello Natively, please help me choose a book to read for after I finish あなた | L25 and ヴァンパイア大使☆アンジュ 2 嵐をよぶファッションモデル!?の巻 | L23. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

As an extremely indecisive person this thread is a lifesaver.
I’m planning on starting something new soon but I could use some help deciding between these three.

4 Likes

I was intrigued by 准教授・高槻彰良の推察2 怪異は狭間に宿る | L29?? and it looks like you read the first volume? I looked up the summary and now I want to read it :joy: More things to put on the 読みたい pile.

4 Likes

I think natively is a bad place to be if you don’t want to amass a huge backlog, especially for those of us who love window shopping for books. I can’t stop finding books that I might want to read one day. Imagine if we had a random book button, I would spend all day on the site rather than actually reading. :laughing:

10 Likes

This is also definitely me; it’s why I have a firm “no wishlist” rule on Natively; too easy to have it balloon, even given no descriptions on the site itself. :\

1 Like

The page itself is bad enough, but the worst thing that ever happened to my wish list was the forums. My wish list has exploded since I began visiting here…

7 Likes

Yeah I read the first one and I really enjoyed it, I’d definitely recommend it

3 Likes

Alright, I’ve finally finished ヴァンパイア大使☆アンジュ 2. It looks like Natively has decided that I’ll be reading すべての神様の十月 | L27 now. I’ll go ahead and buy both volumes since there is no way I’m going to leave it on 1/2. :smile:

6 Likes

I actually started but didn’t finish the second volume. The first volume ends very satisfyingly (for me) and I think the second one was only written due to the popularity of the first. It’s a series of very lightly connected short stories. There’s no large plot arch to follow.

I’ll probably go back to finish the second volume at some point, it just didn’t hook me in like the first one did and I had so many exciting books to read that it sort of fell by the wayside :sweat_smile: Not trying to discourage you from buying it btw - just clarifying the type of series it is. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly :rofl:

I’ve added so many new books to my wish list and purchased a fair few extra books after either seeing the reviews or having things recommended to me through here (I’ve got 42 books currently on order waiting to be delivered over the next month or so :sweat_smile: most are individual books with only a few as part of a series).

On a better note, I’ll have plenty of reading material to keep me busy for a while and I love the community on here. So helpful and friendly.

9 Likes

Hello Natively, thanks again for helping me with the last book, it was really fun. I am once again in need of your services. :slight_smile:
Removed カエルの楽 since no one voted for it last time. Poll will end after I finish ヴァンパイア大使アンジュ④.

1 Like

All right, I have finally finished 大使アンジュ④. It took me a full week for such an easy book. I miss the days when I would finish a book in a couple of days :laughing:

Anyway, it looks like 西の魔女が死んだ | L27 has won this round. I have been meaning to get to this one for a while, so I am excited! I trust that Natively has once again picked out another good book for me. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’ll have the next 3 weeks off work and will be using that time to travel. I’m thinking I’d like something easy to read during that time and went through my book shelf for suitable candidates. Here’s what I have:

Multiple choice because I probably won’t only take one book with me either. :sweat_smile:

How do people show the pictures and titles, btw? Manually added?