"What should I read next?" Megathread

Yeah, that and the book titles. I don’t think there’s any way to have them show up automatically in polls.

1 Like

When I did my poll I manually added the photos, but if there’s a lot of options it’s probably more practical to list the names of the books in the poll and then down below post onebox links to the books on Natively (or some other website), like so:

1 Like

is made from:

[poll multiple public=true]
* https://learnnatively.com/book/6f6e7eebe6/ 
* https://learnnatively.com/book/7ab5587407/
* https://learnnatively.com/book/a62e180ea7/
[/poll]

If you hit space after entering the link it will render the text

Edit: oh weird, it shows formatted in preview but not when I submit!

2 Likes

Alright, so here we go again. Trying to decide on 2-3 books to take along on vacation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was going to vote for the one with the prettiest cover, but uhh… none of them have good covers. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This is why I voted for the cat and dog ones. :stuck_out_tongue: Although I’ve read 世界から猫が消えたなら and enjoyed it but the rest I either have no idea about or didn’t like.

1 Like

Apparently links don’t get previews under a drop down. Today I learned many things. :joy:

My version of 魔女の宅急便 comes with a much prettier cover btw:

Summary

3 Likes

Alright, that one gets my vote then (even though I thought the first book was just okay).

1 Like

Since I’m packing today I closed the poll. Thanks for helping me decide! :smile:

The top 3 are 世界から猫が消えたなら・魔女の宅急便2 ・No.6, and I do believe I’ll be taking all three with me after all.

book picture~

10 Likes

I’m still reading 西の魔女が死んだ | L27 but I thought I might as well get this one started early. Which one should I start first? As before, I’ll close after I finish the next ヴァンパイア大使アンジュ (might take a while). Thanks again :wave:

1 Like

I finished ヴァンパイア大使アンジュ #5 so I closed this one and started タイム・リープ<上> あしたはきのう | L30 today. It feels just like 時をかける少女 | L25 (but even better??). I mean it’s literally called Time Leap, I wonder if it was inspired by it. Toki seems like a pretty popular story so I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case. Anyway, I think I’m going to enjoy this one. I didn’t really like 西の魔女が死んだ but it looks like I was right to not lose faith in Natively voters. Maybe I should read more SF. :thinking:

4 Likes

What manga should I read next?

1 Like

I just read a few pages of the English version of 棺担ぎのクロ。~懐中旅話~ to gauge if it’s as interesting as the cover suggests, and… damn straight it is. Thanks for posting this!

3 Likes

I am contributing to the 吸血鬼 Appreciation Society by reading and grading a children’s book featuring vampires, and you — yes, you! — are contributing by voting for which one I read.

Children’s vampire books let’s gooooooo
  • 44bbfc38-b3c4-4a79-8408-bb15f3a9c723
    霧島くんは普通じゃない The heroine falls in love with a hot vampire boy who has two hot vampire boy brothers he doesn’t get along with. Also, he has a pet mink. Has the best art of the three options.
  • d3479dbd-b5c3-40ea-b063-6c0d5121c005
    ヴァンパイア溺愛パラダイス The heroine’s childhood best friend turns out to be, surprise! a hot vampire boy, who joins a club at school for hot vampire boys with wacky colored hair. Is this Ouran Host Club but with vampires? Gosh I hope so.
  • 90fec716-0f69-4db7-84ea-95b91ca96b2e
    ドラキュラの町で、二人は The heroine gets bitten by a vampire cat named Draculala. There’s a hot vampire boy in there probably but who cares about that when there’s a vampire cat named Draculala.

0 voters

3 Likes

Draculala sold me. Top tier name.

5 Likes

Apparently, I’m the only one who tried to maximize the number of hot vampire boys. :thinking:
(so far)

5 Likes

When it comes to boys vs cats the scales are tipped for me. :person_shrugging: :cat2:

8 Likes

Good day Natively, I am once again in need of your assistance (October 吸血鬼 edition)

0 voters

2 Likes

Not anymore! Usually I’d also be on the side of the cats, but here I want to find out if it truely is “Ouran Host Club but with vampires” (without having to read it and being potentially disappointed).

3 Likes