"What should I read next?" Megathread

I am surprised but delighted that ドラキュラの町で、二人は has won, and will let you all know if it lives up to the Draculala hype.

5 Likes

Alright I finished my last book so it’s finally time for me to start book #2 of the October 吸血鬼 marathon. It looks like 人外サーカス | L33 has won this round. I’m guessing that you guys voted for this one because the description of “Vampires vs the circus :clown_face:” sounds absolutely ridiculous. I’ll let you guys know if it’s actually as crazy as it sounds.

4 Likes

Good day Natively, I know that I am taking absolutely forever to finish 人外サーカス but I thought I might as well start this next one up.

0 voters

3 Likes

Obviously gonna vote for the murder mystery :joy:

1 Like

I’m about to DNF a boring book, so help me choose a (hopefully more exciting) next read!

0 voters

2 Likes

かがみの孤城 is my favorite book in Japanese so far, so I recommend that one! At 550 pages it is a bit long as you said, but I think it’s a relatively quick read since it’s on the easier side. I read the whole thing in about 2.5 weeks, which is about how long I usually spend reading a 300 page book.

7 Likes

I voted for Tearmoon, since I’m a proponent of continuing reading series that’ve already been started that and I need to finish my own volume of Tearmoon…

4 Likes

The poll time’s not quite over yet, but the overwhelming consensus seems to be かがみの孤城, so that’s what I’ll be reading next. Thanks for the help, everyone!

5 Likes

I am once again in need of your help :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I see a few trends there

6 Likes

Voted for the harem, but will be equally looking forward to science man if he wins. I’m glad to see how refined your taste in literature is. :handshake:

6 Likes

I am very indecisive and so am entrusting myself to this thread! I currently still have a bit to go of 海辺のカフカ and will be joining along with the mystery book club pretty soon but I need to decide on my next light read (ie. the book that I pick up when my brain isn’t working all that well)

In the running we have two series (本好き & S&M) that I’ve read 3 books of so far, and one new series entering the race cos it sounds fun.

0 voters

5 Likes

We all know what @seanblue is going to vote

3 Likes

Indeed

3 Likes

Thanks folks! Looks like it’s time to read some romance!

5 Likes

Almost done with my current book, so I closed it. I guess hot scientist men are more popular with the Natively crowd than princes and vampires. Either that or it just sounded too dumb to not vote for it. :laughing:

Yes, all three are light novels :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

For me, at least, it just sounded different.
Hopefully not a one star book again :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Well, it’s not Natively’s fault that the circus book claimed to be a mystery but was actually a mindless action novel! I probably would have chosen the same thing. My faith in Natively voters has not wavered!

2 Likes

Should I head back to 本好き with volume 17 or read 忘れえぬ魔女の物語 1 | L34?

• 本好きの下剋上 volume 17
  • 忘れえぬ魔女の物語

0 voters

1 Like

Normally I’d be all in favor of 本好き、but the synopsis of 忘れ得ぬ魔女の物語 sounds really cool. (Plus it would give me more time to work on catching up)

2 Likes