"What should I read next?" Megathread

No, the preview always work (same for math mode on WK), but the actual posted version doesn’t.

3 Likes

I see, so it changes back after rendering correctly on the preview.

Weird.

2 Likes

Yes. I don’t remember the technical details, but the devs explained that it has something to do with the way the poll is being built (I guess something to do with the way the options are saved on the back end when the poll is built?)

2 Likes

Interesting. We’ve only gotten radio silence from the meta website, so that’s good context… probably won’t be fixed then :confused:

Well, will ultimately be resolved with moving nomination polling on platform, which should be next year.

6 Likes

Ah, I found it
It is apparently a problem specific to the math plug-in, so it might not be relevant here.
It took nearly a year for the team to reply, and the answer was basically #wontfix

6 Likes

me again
this time I’m actually putting the options instead of vague words :joy:
I’m hoping to have another Furigana reading simply because I already have too many difficult reads, so here are some I was thinking about trying…

edit: closed the vote. thanks everyone :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

As per posted in the other thread

So here I go again with a poll. Although my mind is strongly leaning towards continuing 世にも奇妙な商品カタログ #8, because the speed I was going through felt refreshing.

Anyway, maybe I’ll change my mind with the poll / comments from other fellow readers!

What next?
  • 2e8d791e-c7fe-4c18-a7e5-8c01c70e8bfb 世にも奇妙な商品カタログ #09
  • a159d571-a07d-4eb1-9e5d-6376dc3f6796 異世界のんびり農家 #02
  • e34efc7f-37ce-41a6-b4d5-572d4f57b7d7 本好きの下剋上 #03
0 voters
2 Likes

With a 69% (ナイス!) of the voters, I’ll be going towards 世にも奇妙な商品カタログ #09.
Hopefully it can be done by before the end of the month.

Thanks for voting!

4 Likes

These are all 児童書. Something light to balance out my current non-fiction read.
Please help me choose :pleading_face:

• Lupin or Kaito Kid but for kids
  • penpals in space
  • boy returns from the dead and fights angels (maybe?)
  • girl looking for love gets possessed by the wrong god
  • girl runs away from home and finds an interesting book
  • girl has to deal with bullying while her aunt is hospitalized
  • boy detective
0 voters

Let’s hope I can still remember which was which when I close the poll. :rofl:

8 Likes

don’t worry, some of these are veeeeeery obvious :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

They wouldn’t be to me. :sweat_smile: But I guess if you have read them, they would be. Are you a 児童書 connaisseur? :face_with_monocle: Feel free to guess the titles, I’ll be closing soon anyway :eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah, I was about to say, guessing those would require quite a lot of specialized knowledge :joy:
I think 魔女の宅急便 and 時をかける少女 are the only ones I know…

2 Likes

Neither of which are in the poll. :rofl:

3 Likes

No, my brain simply skipped the word 児童書 so I was thinking of manga that fit these :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
A.k.a I apologize, these might not be as obvious as I inititially thought :joy::sweat_smile::sob:

3 Likes

Ah, too bad. It would have been fun if someone managed to guess the titles. :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks for the votes :slight_smile:

And the winner is:

And for those curious, the other books were:

(I have the つばさ versions of ほしのこえ and 星を追う子ども)

9 Likes

I’d never have guessed that with that description despite being on volume 9 :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

So after finishing volume 2 of 異世界のんびり農家 (series) | L31 I’m a bit at a loss of what to read next.

On one part I want to do maybe 本好きの下剋上 (series) | L32 Volume 3, but on the other part I want to see if the bookclub continues and read along it.

Going for Volume 3 of 異世界のんびり農家 (series) | L31 just after Volume 2, might be a bit too much, but on the other hand, with so much happening after the last chapter, I fear that I might forget some details.

So here’s a poll where I might or might not depend on:

What next? (Maybe)
  • 44411424-d933-4161-ac26-72c3069c2184 異世界のんびり農家 #03
  • e34efc7f-37ce-41a6-b4d5-572d4f57b7d7 本好きの下剋上 #03
  • 48c782af-181e-42c7-83ef-0d5c47096735 世にも奇妙な商品カタログ #10
0 voters

Fwiw, It seems probably fruitless to wait for the bookclub for book 3. Book 1 won’t even be done till December. Assuming two weeks between book 1 & 2, and that book two also takes 4 months, you’d be looking at Apr to May at earliest - and that’s assuming the book club wants to do books 2 and 3, in the first place.

It seems from skimming your reviews that you really like the 世にも奇妙な商品カタログ series, and vol 10 is only 232 pgs, and the lowest level of your choices. When I’m feeling indecisive, I usually go for the path of least resistance or smallest commitment. So I voted for that one.

6 Likes

The votes are in, and after 世にも奇妙な商品カタログ #10, I’m probably going to do 世にも奇妙な商品カタログ #11 and finish off the series.

After doing the second best thing for getting some ideas (since the first thing would be visiting in-person a bookshop), I saw in one of the stores the same author has a new series upcoming in October.

Waiting for the cover to appear to request it in Natively, and looking forward to read that too.

Thanks for all the votes!

3 Likes