Home thread for 木洩れ日に泳ぐ魚 ✋ 🫧

Aaah. The hand made sense, but I didn’t initially see the bubbles on the cover.

Nah, it’s fine; the schedule doesn’t seem overly quick to me, it’s just that when I have three books all at a minimum of a reasonable 30 pages a week that I start to give pause. :sweat_smile: Not to worry; in my case this is a me problem. If anyone does want to suggest a ~20 page/week schedule, then I’d probably vote for it, but like I said, this is mostly due to my own book greed. :expressionless:

3 Likes

Sure, but if several people who are interested in the book have the same me problem, maybe it becomes a we problem and we adjust the schedule to accommodate everyone. Just saying it’s possible :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hahaha, I like the way you think. Well, I’ll keep my eyes open in that case; speak up anyone if you’re running into the same issue of “stop voting on so many interesting books all at once”.

3 Likes

I’d be interested in a poll at least! Don’t want everyone to slow down on my account as I am just dipping my toes in a book club for the first time, but if enough people are interested…

4 Likes

I’m currently only reading 2 books with scheduled clubs but my work and personal life have reached peak levels of craziness lately so if people wanted to go slower I wouldn’t exactly object :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Let’s vote for reading cadence then!

How many pages would you prefer we read per week?

(the book is around 298 pages - but there’s a 解説 we can ignore, and each one of the 26 chapters is about 10-11 pages by my calculations)

• 1 chapter/week throughout ~10 pages/week, 26 weeks
  • 1 chapter/week, then 2 chapters/week halfway through the book ~10, then 20 pages/week, ~19 weeks
  • 2 chapters/week throught ~20 pages/week, 13 weeks
  • 2 chapters/week, then 3 chapters/week halfway through the book ~20, then 30 pages/week, ~11 weeks
  • 3 chapters/week throughout ~30 pages/week, 9 weeks (one week would need to be 2 chapters)
  • 3 chapters/week, then 4 chapters/week halfway through the book ~30, then 40 pages per week (8 weeks)
  • 4 chapters/week throughout ~40 pages/week (6-7 weeks, some weeks would need to be more or fewer chapters)
  • I have another idea (please elaborate)

0 voters

3 Likes

I didn’t vote for it (was trying to be realistic with myself), but if 3 chapters/week makes it I’ll do my best.

3 Likes

Wow things are getting active here haha

I liked the pace of the past book but could use more reading per day so I did the fastest two options

Suppose this means I should pick up more book clubs again

Edit: Is there the nomination post or somewhere else to check what options we have for getting the book?

4 Likes

You can always go to the Natively page to check. Looks like the typical physical or ebook, but no audiobook.

3 Likes

My preference is a slightly faster pace but since my copy is due to turn up between 24th July and 1st August that might be making a rod for my own back :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

It looks like we’ll be doing 2 chapter a week at first, and switch to 3 chapters a week later on. I’ll keep the poll open for one more day (in case there are any Sunday voters), then I’ll update the schedule in the home post. If the book turns out to be a much easier, or a much harder read than expected, we can always re-discuss schedule after a couple of weeks.

6 Likes

Thanks to everyone who voted. The poll is now closed, and the schedule is updated in the hope post. Looking forward to starting in a week!

7 Likes

If anyone was planning on buying their copy from Bookwalker (and has a few other books on the wishlist to buy), they’re having a sale starting tomorrow with 50% coinback for purchases over 1,500円!

5 Likes

Week 1 posted a little early because I wasn’t sure I would be able to post it on the date. Officially, we start reading in two days!

4 Likes

Week 2 is open!

2 Likes

Week 3 is open!

3 Likes

Are you ready for more revelations?
It’s time for week 4!

3 Likes

Week 5 is up!

3 Likes

It’s time for week 6!

3 Likes

Since we’re almost halfway through the book, I made a poll about a possible change in how much we read per week here:

I’ll leave it open until the last minute, so about September 3? Lots of time to decide.

2 Likes