ばらかもん/はんだくん Informal Reading Club 🖌

EBW’s 大積読崩し Informal Read-Along :house: Home

ばらかもん and はんだくん are a pair of comedy manga by ヨシノサツキ which follow calligrapher Handa Sei, ばらかもん the 18-volume original series (+ a 19th extra volume, 日々) following him as a young adult and はんだくん the 7-volume 4コマ prequel following him as a high schooler. Both have been adapted into anime.

Anyone may join at any time, with any part of the series (including the anime, though this is “officially” for the manga). General spoiler courtesy applies.

3 Likes

Handa-kun is another of those series that I got the first volume in English somehow and decided to buy the set in Japanese. At present, I don’t have any plans to read Barakamon, but if I enjoy this enough, I’ll likely pick that up too at some point.

1 Like

Wow, Handa-kun brings back memories. I read the first volume in English waaaay back, to the point where I remember nothing about the manga.

1 Like

I read it recently enough before buying it in Japanese that I knew I did still like it, but long enough ago that while I knew it was a comedy and Handa was a calligrapher, I didn’t even remember that it was a 4-koma before I cracked it open lol

Apparently it was last February. Definitely long enough ago for this to be nothing more than vaguely familiar.

1 Like

This manga’s kind of ridiculous. I love it so far. Also, Handa’s anxiety is pretty relatable

2 Likes