Audiovisual initial feedback and requests

Oh whoops! Yeah that’s a bug. No worries this is the right place to log audiovisual bugs for now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, yeah. I meant because I mentioned the same thing happening to the ‘Me/Following’ setting at some point (It’s sticky unless you open a book page), but, being me, never logged it properly… :see_no_evil:

1 Like

When marking a movie as finished it has “Current Min” set to 0. Currently it needs to be manually set to something other than 0 when trying to edit something like the finish date, else it says “Current_minute: Must input positive number”

I feel like it should be the same as the total runtime when set to finished by default?

3 Likes

TY, extremely #blessed

2 Likes

AUDIOVISUAL UPDATE

Resolved this session time calculation issue. I fixed the 33 previous bad instances of this calculation, so everything should appear right. Interestingly, the bug was that it was summing up time from other user’s watch data on the item in the calculation, so it was only getting worse :slight_smile:

As it was a simple calculation, no data was impacted.

(FYI, i will use “Audiovisual Update” going forward so you can search the thread for these announcements)

4 Likes

AUDIOVISUAL UPDATE

• Fixed - it autosets to runtime now

Other items fixed:
While in ‘series mode’ for search:

• do not show series widget for series with one item
  • do not show contributors for audiovisual
  • made subitems with 0 quality stars show 5 blank beige stars, not be entirely white

There are many bugs to fix before I sleep… many bugs to fix before I sleep…

3 Likes

(hopefully this is the right thread… :sweat_smile:)
I would love if this “in progress” section in the dashboard was split into two(ie separating the books and the audiovisual things) by default , or even an option to do that.

5 Likes

How to add OVA or such content that is not in TMDB. Like I recently watched 3 episodes of 魔法使いの嫁 where 智世 still lived with her parents.

Well filtering by books in the global activity didn’t work. (At least once… seems to be fine now.)

1 Like

oh you probably just hit it right at my release right now… releasing quite a bit these days :sweat_smile:

I think it’s usually a 5-10 second gap … never timed.

1 Like

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by OVA? You can potentially request it to be added to TMDB. Curious to know what it’s missing.

Yes, multiple people have already mentioned that … in this already long thread :sweat_smile:

I’ll try to figure something out… on my list. We may just do two lists like you recommend.

And yes, this is the right thread :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Odd bug: trying to add Pokemon the Move 2000, a “this entry already exists!” link pops up, but when I follow the link…

Link given: 舞-HiME | L29??

(Also, that error message should probably be updated to match whether you’re searching for a movie or a TV series.)

4 Likes

Oh wow. It looks like they both have the same TMDB id, just one is a movie and one is a TV show… and I was not very smart at handling it apparently.

On the TODO list it goes.

5 Likes

Sorry, it’s not missing, just not where I searched for it.

1 Like

Loving the audiovisual - thanks for all your hard work on this!

On safari on iPhone, when on my profile and looking at My Videos I get the search box for books.

Also on safari on iPhone when I go to the generic search I only get the books search come up. In fact the only way I found to search for videos was to click on the link in the original launch announcement. It worked as it should when I went to an iPad.

3 Likes

So it seems anyone can just edit the data on TMDB, so i think this should be fixed now :sweat_smile:
I don’t know if this will sync automatically now or if you need to re-import it, but if you do, I’m here to tell you that you should be able to do that now that it’s fixed.

5 Likes

A question for @brandon

Are the gradings weighted or it’s 1:1 among people watching subs than without?

1 Like

How does the grading work in terms of determining order of shows to grade? It looks like I’m literally seeing them go from highest to lowest like a triangle.

For example:
1 grades against: 23456
2 grades against: 34567
3 grades against: 45678

Will this result in the same shows being graded over and over again rather than having a balanced set of comparisons?

EDIT: I just finished all the comparisons available, and at the lower levels the comparisons did jump back and forth a bit more. I wonder if there just weren’t enough options at the higher levels to compare against.

Hi Brandon,

the update is really good!!

I just created an entry and by default it shows “Finished”. I clicked the arrow and it showed watching, though, so that was okay.

Then, I tried changing it to finished and back. I get the error “Episode ended cannot be greater than the total number of episodes”.

So it seems that the read behavior (or some way it is displayed) and the update behavior are a little borked.

2 Likes

How come there’s a separate “favorite movies” and “favorite shows” section on the profile page, but no breakdown of (for example) “favorite novels” and “favorite manga”? Just seems inconsistent for no obvious reason, so I was curious.

Also just general feedback, but I feel like the profile needs a redesign now. With “currently watching”, “favorite movies”, “favorite shows”, and “recently watched” in addition to all the book stuff, there’s just too much scrolling.

And I think this has been mentioned already, but the “finished” and “watching” counts on show/movie pages are really messed up. For example, Bocchi the Rock:

Yet several people have finished it and are watching it according to the activity at the bottom.

3 Likes