👨‍❤️‍👨 BL Book Club 🎓 BL University 📚

It was so difficult to choose, 5 votes honestly saved my ass :sob::sob::sob: too many good options 3 would have been impossible :upside_down_face:

Edit: F&B and KKM being in the lead feels like it should be telling us something about our age :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I’m feeling so much nostalgia reading this thread :smile: Remembering things that I’ve read or watched >10 years ago.

Also thanks everyone for recommendations. An ever growing wishlist grows even more. I hope I’ll read all of this someday :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

F&B’s advantage is that there’s so much helpful material already over on WK, which makes it a good pick. :smiling_face:

If KKM wins, I’ll have to also watch the anime and read the manga, for nostalgic reasons. :laughing:

I’ll be reading 美しい彼 regardless of whether it wins or not - it’s kinda the whole reason this club started and I’m desperate to get into it! :rofl:

Sad that 心を半分残したままでいる 1 hasn’t received any votes yet, that would have been my 6th pick if we had more votes. Already bought the book since I liked the premise, so it will be read at some point. :smiling_face_with_tear:

link to poll(slightly wish we had old school forum signatures for things like this) :joy:

7 Likes

Btw there a 50% off on 魔獣になった傭兵のおっさんが、憧れの騎士に拾われた話
Tagging you guys since you voted for it
@Naphthalene @Nicky @snowwater

This is the cmoa page since it doesn’t check your region but if you use a Japan VPN (such as free proton) you can buy it for this price at bookwalker too:

5 Likes

Literal clickbait. :rofl:

It’s fine in that regard, yes. :slight_smile:

Honestly… past 35 I have stopped caring if people find me odd. Honestly, if guys can do it, why shouldn’t we as well? I am not hurting anyone. (That reminds me: A guy tried to nanpa me in the BL section once… that was awkward. :rofl:)

7 Likes

This morning, I was trying to remember how I even got started with BL and I think, potentially, it was like shoujo (I mean, there was always at least 1 gay person with at least a hinted at love interest… at least afai remember) → visual key / stuff like Weiß Kreuz → doujinshi/BL :thinking:

anyone remember Weiß kreuz? :see_no_evil:

Which reminds me, that was also the time of fanmade AMVs… :scream:
:skull: :skull: :skull:

5 Likes

Bought it! Thank you for the heads up!

2 Likes

I started caring less, but that’s more like I went from having panic attacks in public down to being extremely self conscious. Honestly, that woman I mentioned is goal.

Now that is also someone who doesn’t care. True dedication to the craft.
But not goal, because he is annoying, contrasting the lady not bothering anyone.

5 Likes

If you end up starting it in November/December, please let me know; I may be able to read with you!

Go, F&B, go! (I’ll still be happy if KMM/something else wins, haha. Just gotta cheer for your team, right?)

3 Likes

one step at a time. :hugs:

Yes. Honestly, I thought he was gay, so it took me a while to realize what he wanted… and then I couldn’t get rid of him. :skull: Luckily, getting older also means, I almost never get bothered by men anymore. :partying_face:

3 Likes

Will do! :saluting_face:

Wow, that takes me back! :joy:
I loved the Wolf’s Rain AMVs, even though the anime broke me. Darcia… :smiling_face_with_tear:
The BL vibes were strong between Toboe and Tsume.

3 Likes

A manga that would have been an excellent suggestion just occured to me so I’m writing it here now and hopefully I’ll remember to add it to a nomination next time
ボスとヤス

(updated with a natively link)

2 Likes

There were some guys in a college town near where I grew up who would go to the gay bar to hit on women. Their “reasoning” was there was less competition at that bar :skull:

5 Likes

Just a small update: everyone wanted book type included in the nomination list (done!), but nothing else reached 50%, so this poll is now closed. :slightly_smiling_face:

download (1)

4 Likes

in continuation to my previous yearning as to why I didn’t nominate this here is the volume 3 cover

4 Likes

Another little update: most people wanted voting to be open for a week, and taking @Naphthalene’s suggestion into account, the vote for nominations will run from a Saturday to the following Sunday.

download

3 Likes

I was kind of interested in this club, but now I see that most of the nominations are novels and pretty much all of them are level 30+ RIP :cry:

7 Likes

Once this voting period ends and a the lowest-voted books get chopped out, you should nominate something you’d be interested in reading!

5 Likes

It’s a long shot (3 votes behind) but my nomination is a LV25 manga :eyes:
(The 女装 one)

5 Likes

I don’t see any votes from @obscureniche, so that could turn into a 2 votes behind situation. Just think of how close to a tie we are.

2 Likes