👨‍❤️‍👨 BL Book Club 🎓 BL University 📚

It is but in a “we all know this is just for laughs” kinda way… :face_holding_back_tears: at least the anime was… (from what I remember, it might not have aged well… but would be interesting to read the novels and see)

4 Likes

Hmmmm I guess I’ll have to check carefully the nominations before voting…
I really wanted a gay 魔王 who gets all the guys, though :frowning:

4 Likes

doujinshi :face_in_clouds:

4 Likes

The poll on how many votes each person is allowed has closed, with 5 being the winner (I know I voted for 3, but considering the amount of great nominations we’ve had, I’m glad for those extra votes :sweat_smile: ).

I’ll post the poll for voting on nominations soon, and we can all lose our minds trying to pick just 5 books. :rofl:

6 Likes

Hype!!! :raised_hands:t2:

3 Likes

It’s time to vote for the first BL Book Club read!

You can view the nomination list or click the links in the poll for more information on each book. Everyone gets 5 votes, and the poll will be open for a little more than a week.

7 Likes

Michael Jackson Eating Popcorn GIF - Michael Jackson Eating Popcorn Enjoy GIFs

(and 5 is not enough… :sob:)

8 Likes

I thought the manga was pretty much on the BL side. :thinking: Like, early on our hero (spoilers) accidently gets himself a husband and everyone’s totally for it. The books after that that I read had (spoilers) him bonding with the other guys (husband’s brothers) and stuff.

It was pretty light as BL goes ((spoilers) no kissing, at least early on), but I as a young person never doubted the BL-ness, for what it’s worth. No clue how the manga was marketed, and no clue if it gets more pronounced later on/in the novels.

Edit: Well I voted. I think there was a mistake though @bibliothecary, I needed like twice the number of votes. :thinking:

Also, Flesh&Blood isn’t in the lead. This is a travesty. D:

5 Likes

:smiling_face_with_tear:
I’ve been telling myself we’ll read them all eventually, the vote is to decide in which order we read them… Still super difficult to choose, though.

Surprised that KKM has taken an early lead, guess this means I’ll have to buy lots of Yuuri x Wolfram djs… for research. :smirk:

3 Likes

:eyes: I can aid with this.

2 Likes

You guys may want to know that the MC is 15. :policeman:t2:

I was 19 when I watched this… :face_in_clouds:

6 Likes

:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Wholesome (non-adult) djs only. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Or future versions of the characters djs. :+1:

4 Likes

So having narrowed my choices down… Seems I may have a thing about butlers :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

who doesn’t? :flushed:

5 Likes

Haha I totally get that, except mine is for the yakuza leader body guard instead. :joy:

We need a favorite tropes discussion on here sometime!

6 Likes

Favourite tropes… favourite tropes… somehow I have a better idea about what I don’t like than about what I love. :rofl:

Get all your hot 2D men here…

5 Likes

Enemies to lovers is always fun. Such drama :popcorn:

6 Likes

… you can? Because, I’m going to be honest, I have no clue. The only thing that I can think of is going to a shop and buy them in person, and I am not doing that.
Even for the BL section at Book off, I usually just pretend I am passing through and just quickly grab something.
(Last time, there was a woman in her late 40s~early 50s just 立ち読みing there, I was genuinely impressed)

… That was just a link back to the poll. I am disappointed.

Ah. Well. Glad not much happens then. I hope the age differential with the other characters isn’t too crazy.

5 Likes

That’s the wrong poll link, right?

Online. :ok_hand: Suruga-ya, Mandarake, etc. Granted, it’s tough to tell what the doujin is actually about, since there’s not any sort of summary. But hey.

4 Likes