Bug: Discourse doesn't seem to be releasing votes from closed requests

Description of your request or bug report: Like what @Naphthalene described here, I went to go vote on a bug and saw that I didn’t have any votes left. I went to go see if there was something I didn’t mind taking a vote from, and saw that I had several closed votes still showing that my vote applied to them:

I don’t think it’s because I haven’t waited long enough; some of these have been closed for months at this point.

Trello link: (leave in blank)

Last time I was told that those votes still get refunded. They are just there for posterity. :thinking:

I don’t think that’s the case; when I went to manually release the votes from the closed topics, I suddenly had more votes to vote with again.

3 Likes

Technically you get one of these notifications saying you have a vote released:

Did that notification not arrive?

Nope, never did afaik.

1 Like

@brandon :

After some research, this is a known bug in the discourse plugin:

If discourse was updated with a release that includes that merge there’s nothing else to do.
Closing this topic would be a good test to see if the fix is working or not :upside_down_face:

@eefara :

Previous votes won’t return unless they are manually fixed or released sadly. Shouldn’t happen in the future if @brandon confirms the update is applied.

For reference this is the supposed intended behaviour:

• If the topic is closed or archived, the votes are released to the users and can be applied to other topics but the vote count on the topic remains.
  • If a topic is re-opened or unarchived, the votes are reclaimed and applied back to the users active vote count.
  • If a topic reclaims the votes of a user and they go over their limit, they simply need to wait until topics are closed or archived to allow them to vote again.
4 Likes