Bug report: Favorites stopped updating?

5 star book most recently read not showing as a favorite

I’m confused why 硝子の塔の殺人 which I rated 5 stars and is my most recently finished book is not in the list of ‘favorites’ as my understanding that’s a list of your most recently read, highest rated books. Figure it might be a bug so flagging, but quite low priority at least for me.

Trello link:

I don’t think it’s completely stopped working. I rated a manga 5 stars a couple days ago and it showed up in favorites (then I changed it to 4 stars and it disappeared). That said, I noticed a while back that some books simply don’t show up in the favorites, but I was unable to figure out the reason or pattern behind it.

Personally, I’d rather Brandon focus on Manually specify favorite books and series than fix this bug.

2 Likes

I can want that too and still report it :slight_smile: Sometimes bugs are symptoms of other issues, there’s no harm in calling them out.

2 Likes

For sure, I wasn’t saying there was anything wrong with reporting it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Approved! Yes bug reports are always good… if i look into this it would be very brief compared to building a whole new feature :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not sure if you’re still thinking about looking into this, but here’s another example of it happening.

It’s missing ぼっち・ざ・ろっく! 1 | L28, which I finished on 2022-08-23 and gave 5 stars.

2 Likes

Thanks, maybe will get around to it…

@seanblue

I see bocchi in your profile, can we consider it fixed or is still happening with other titles?

Isn’t this no longer relevant since favorites are manually set now?

1 Like

You are right, forgot about that.
It’s been a while since I marked something as favourite.

Then closing.