Chapter 11 🧙 Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone 🪄 Multilingual 💬

Harry Potter lives in the cupboard under the stairs at his uncle and aunt’s house at number four, Privet Drive - until the day when a mysterious letter arrives from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and a giant on a flying motorcycle arrives to change his life with four simple words: ‘Harry - yer a wizard.’

Natively Links

Book Club Links

Reading Schedule

The regular schedule covers one chapter a week, but if you find this too fast, the relaxed schedule covers one chapter every two weeks. :slightly_smiling_face:

Regular Schedule

Week Start Date Chapter
11 June 10 Chapter 11

Relaxed Schedule

Week Start Date Chapter
21 Aug 19 Chapter 11 (first half)
22 Aug 26 Chapter 11 (second half)

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • When discussing a specific section, please mention where you are in the book, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That’s a welcome part of the discussion too, and other readers will be happy to help.

Polls

Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • I’m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • I’m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters
2 Likes

Finished chapter 11 in Spanish. A shorter chapter this week. One new word I liked this week was pestañear - to blink. This word has a really nice sound to it. The word I’ve seen before for “to blink” is parpadear.

Interestingly both words derive from the part of the eye that moves when you blink. Párpados are eyelids, and pestañas are eyelashes.

1 Like

I ended up finishing the Japanese audiobook today. I had to get some things off of my plate. It was getting a bit too full for my comfort.

But this was a nice little nostalgia blast. :smiling_face:

2 Likes