Home thread for 🔎 京都寺町三条のホームズ ⚱

Next week is up!
This is the longest week we have in the club, but at the same time we are almost at the end.

3 Likes

Penultimate week is here! Still on the long side, but not as much as last week.

3 Likes

And here we go! Last week of the club!

Personally, while I did enjoy the book well enough, I don’t think I will continue with this series. :sweat_smile: I have way too many things to read anyway.

9 Likes

I will continue with the series as the audiobooks are easy enough to follow and actually interesting enough to keep my attention… but it will be a long-term thing… lots of other stuff I want to read/listen to. :melting_face:

9 Likes

Oh, true! I don’t want to spend money on this series, but that would be something to do with my audible 聴き放題!

8 Likes

I bought the first 3 for something like ¥100 each so I’ll eventually read at least that far. It’s still a bit of a stretch for me even when reading with the audiobook so it’s gonna sit in my Some Day™ pile for a bit though, I think. I definitely enjoyed it enough to keep going, but not quite yet. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I also bought the first 3 on sale so I’ll read at least that far. Not immediately though. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m in this same camp. I liked the first one well enough, but I’m not in a rush to read the next.

10 Likes

I have only two, but I like it well enough to consider continuing (with mixed feelings…)

9 Likes

I fell off the bandwagon halfway through and still haven’t caught up. I‘m considering continuing after this first volume because I did enjoy it (little bit mixed feelings too) and the audio books are good. But probably not with any structured schedule.

Thanks a lot @Naphthalene for hosting the book club!

9 Likes

On a somewhat unrelated note, I just came back from a work related trip to Kyoto. It felt really weird to pass some of the places mentioned in the book in real life (specifically, the shopping street where 蔵 is supposed to be, 百万遍, and the Kyoto university campus)

11 Likes

Omg that’s so cool! I just looked up a ryokan I stayed in like 10 years ago on Google Maps the other day, and noticed it was very close to 鴨川 and moderately close to where 蔵 is described to be, and I wondered how it would be to go there now that I have some connection to the place.

Also, what do you do for work that you get to do work-related trips to Kyoto? :star_struck:

6 Likes

I think it’s less related to my work specifically, and more related to the fact I am based in Tokyo. It was just a one day trip; I spent most of my time in transit :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Hahaha that does it. I’m sorry, I forgot about that fact :joy::joy:

5 Likes