🏰 今日からマ王! 👑 Home Thread 👨‍❤️‍👨 BL Book Club

I loved this anime when I was much younger! I won’t be joining in though as I’m already reading too many things :frowning:

4 Likes

Nice, I’ll definitely try to join if I’m not too overwhelmed with other book clubs :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Just ordered my copy, should be here in a week. :smile:

2 Likes

You picked up the OG LN, right? Where did you buy it from?

1 Like

Yeah, just got it from Mandarake (along with a whole bunch of other manga and LNs :rofl: ). I may end up getting the digital edition too, though, just for convenience.

ETA: Just got the ebook from bookwalker using the 40% off coupon that’s available until the 28th. :+1:

3 Likes

I’ve added the chapter breakdown from the digital combined version to the home post; I’ve also got the physical / original edition that I can add if necessary, but it doesn’t seem like anyone else will be reading it. :sweat_smile:

So now let’s vote on our reading pace!

Pages per week Weeks to complete Finish Date
15 14 March 10
20 10 February 11
25 8 January 28
30 6 January 14

The end date is based on us beginning in early December, which is currently leading the poll.

How many pages per week would you feel comfortable reading?
  • less than 15
  • more than 30
0 voters
4 Likes

The separation between votes is quite funny :sweat_smile: I guess we have two level groups.

4 Likes

I am group “I have learned that I don’t do well if a book club goes too slow and lasts too long.” :sweat_smile: :melting_face:

6 Likes

Since Early/Late December are leading the poll, we may start on the week beginning the 11th or 18th as a compromise. Another poll? :laughing:

It looks like we’ll probably be reading 15 pages/week, so I’ve made a sample timetable splitting up the chapters (averaging 15 pages per week).

Week Chapter End page No. of pages Notes
1 1 25 19 end of chapter
2 2 41 16
3 2 57 16 end of chapter
4 3 73 16
5 3 88 15 end of chapter
6 4 101 13
7 4 113 12 end of chapter
8 5 127 14 end of chapter
9 6 146 19 end of chapter
10 7-8 158 12 end of chapter
11 9 171 13
12 9 184 13
13 9 198 14 end of chapter
14 10 211 13 end of chapter

If anyone has any thoughts, feel free to share! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Yeah, um, about that… :sweat_smile:

Also, I went and changed my participation vote - just ordered a physical copy.

1 Like

How well does the manga follow the ln? I don’t think I can fit a ln in rn, but if I can follow along with the manga, that’d work.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly from reading a bit of the English translation of both the manga and LN then it sticks better then the anime but was still it’s own separate thing plot points wise

2 Likes

Are you saying we need to :sparkles: check everything :sparkles: ?

2 Likes

I wanted to take a picture of me adding the manga to the cart as a joke but I arrived to the wrong page I think :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(to be clear I just wrote in hiragana きょうからまおう and clicked the first entry :crazy_face:)

2 Likes

I was into it until I saw the word 犯された :disappointed:
Maybe it’s just an unfortunate turn of phrase.

2 Likes

it’s a very popular phrase in the nsfw genre of manga unfortunately

edit: not sure if it’s any help/consolation but a lot of amateur translators turn that phrasing into “making a mess out of” instead of the other definition so if you really want to read it and you can find a translation it’ll probably have this kind of wording instead

2 Likes

I am sadly aware and tend to hate what goes with it, but sometimes it’s not that bad.

1 Like

I got curious and checked the preview and their dynamic wasn’t so bad? But sadly there’s not much material to decide :confused:

2 Likes

D’oh, bummer

Oh hoh, I could help with that

3 Likes

Well… Booklive read my mind and granted me a “BL manga 25% off” coupon, so I bought it…
I wish I had thought about:

I could have bought that at the same time with the discount.
Way to forget the actual series of the thread I am posting to :rofl:

3 Likes