Improved book series page

Description of your request or bug report:

• Allow series reviews
  • Showcase aggregate information on series (number of users reading, activity?, reviews?)

Trello link:

Alongside this, I think that a description/summary for the series itself would be nice. For example, Yotsuba can be described as a slice-of-life series that follows a 4-year-old girl learning about the world around her. That way, each book of an individual series doesn’t need to have a description/summary.

5 Likes

I think it would also be nice to be able to view stats for a series (e.g. reading time graph for entire series, total page count, percentage read across series).

5 Likes

I think it would be useful to be able to mark an entire series as read with a single button, rather than needing to do so for each individual volume.

4 Likes

I think I mentioned that to Brandon at some point, but I’m not so sure it made it to the new trello system.

@Brandon, is it okay to add this as a checklist bullet point on this one instead of splitting into another different one?

@brandon More improvements to be added to the series page, if approved as well as a terrible mock-up.

It was already requested to showcase aggregate information, but I think it would also be useful per book, as not everyone writes a review or leaves a rating. This would give you an idea of how much has everyone progressed and the number of people that read the way to the last volumes.

I also made the div displaying the book art taller instead of an square, this should be a relatively easy fix, I could even get this around with greasemonkey, but I’d rather it be live on the website on all my devices, unless there’s a reason for them to be square in the first place?

Display the horror

2 Likes

Off topic, but wait, why is there no WK marker past volume 6? As the person currently in charge of that book club, I can say with confidence that we went all the way to the last published volume :joy:
Sending a feedback now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hmm, I agree with the idea of surfacing how popular the volumes are, just not sure where the best place for that information to live is. I may not elect to put it on the book cards like you have them as those cards are already overloaded with configurations as is.

Regardless, I like your idea though and I approve at least putting your mockup in the trello card.

Thanks for your mockup as always!! :laughing:

There’s also the cover not being displayed fully in that page, which should be a quick fix in CSS.