Korean Beta - Feedback from Korean Users

Video activity seems patchy, updating by full episodes doesn’t update activity/stats.

Images

I’ve been watching the series for the past couple of weeks, updating using the ‘+’ on the dashboard almost every day, but…

download

Possibly related to this?

2 Likes

I’ve been having a look at Korean Literary Awards to potentially be added to the search filter like they are in Japanese. These are apparently the most prestigious:

Other notable awards:

If/when implemented, expect a lot of new subs from me! :rofl:

4 Likes

I’ll try to investigate this today :thinking:

Yeah, we’ll see if I have time to add these things.

Subs? You mean like new requests? :joy:

2 Likes

Submissions, I think, from context.

3 Likes

Yes! Sorry, stuck on anilist mode :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I’m getting this error for these items:

Should I submit feedback for items that have these in the title, or will you be able to remove them en masse?

Untitled series (on Y24) take the title of the first volume as the series name, for example: 허니머스타드 1권 시리즈 (series) | L25?? and 마녀의 소녀 1권 시리즈 (series) | L30??. Could the 1권 be ignored when creating the series title?

I noticed Korean has [Featured] in the top topic titles, but my Japanese dashboard doesn’t. :thinking:

2 Likes

@bibliothecary thanks for reporting all these. However, i feel that i’m missing some of your bug reports. Can we move to making more formal bug reports (be sure to tag your product request with bug)? I’ve updated the title & description of this thread to emphasize bug reports now.

This will make it a lot easier for me to investigate.

This is actually not a bug. I was worried that Korean topics would be overwhelmed by the Natively category topics, so I highlighted a few for Korean.

2 Likes

Makes sense. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sure, I’ll do that for the ones I’ve reported in this thread that haven’t been resolved yet. :saluting_face:

eta: I can’t add tags :cry:

I think that’s all the bugs from this thread added, and a couple of product requests, too. :+1:

2 Likes

oh interesting. I wonder if I can allow you to just be able to add bug tags :thinking:

Thanks for doing that, helps a lot!

Edit: Ok, I think you can add bug tags @bibliothecary … everyone should be able to :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s doing the thing again :frowning_face:

download (1)

download

They’re all in the same list (wish list).

2 Likes

Oops haha. I think that’s because of all our shenanigans reorganizing that one series… should be fixed now

1 Like

I know you’ve changed the level now, but…

download (1)

(sorted by ascending level of difficulty)

eta: Noticed a little discrepancy on this page: 페어리랜드 시리즈 (series) | L20

2 Likes

@bibliothecary decided not to add the agatha christie series as that’s more of an author’s page:

1 Like

I noticed that for series, the Ridibooks link only appears for the first volume, but not subsequent volumes that are also available and have their own page. For example:

The same is true of manhwa, although they don’t have individual pages on Ridibooks - perhaps these could have the Ridi series page linked on all volumes? Example:

Just noticed that’s showing up as ‘manga’ rather than ‘manhwa’, too. :point_up:

A minor thing on the book provider page: the Notes section is attached to the Subscription rather than being its own bullet point.

1 Like

English covers still showing up in search.

:disappointed_relieved:

6 Likes

Replying to make Discourse stop harassing you :wink:

7 Likes

Seconded. Keep up the good work, @bibliothecary~

4 Likes

Ugh, very frustrating. I didn’t realize that even for native shows & movies (not dubbed ones) they showed the english covers. That means I’m having to reprocess every item in the video database and reping tmdb… which will take around 20 hours.

In any case, I’ve got that started. Movie series are already updated, although you’ll notice not everything has the correct image, as TMDB isn’t totally complete. For instance, the little mermaid movie series cover does not have a korean version because TMDB doesn’t.

4 Likes

Minor bug @brandon: volume 1 is showing up twice for this series in both search and the series page:

1 Like

Already made a bug report! :beetle: :gun: :sunglasses:

1 Like