Magic Tree House Book Club? 🏡

Is anyone interested in joining a book club for the Magic Tree House series?

• Yes, I’d read at least one book
  • Maybe, depending on… (comment below)
  • No, but I like clicking polls
0 voters
2 Likes

They’ve got a free preview of the first couple of pages on Bookwalker, for those who may want to see a sample.

2 Likes

I am a maybe…
The series is available on audible, so I might join for listening practice. I listened to the first book a while back and it didn’t quite hold my attention - but it’s aimed at young children, so I didn’t expect it to. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

L20 is probably a good listening only level for me, so I’d also be a maybe if they’re available on audible.

3 Likes

I think the audiobook is only available in Japan, though… :sob:

1 Like

Yeah; I’d consider it if it weren’t seemingly Audible-only, since I need more listening practice, but I haven’t yet found a way to buy from Audible JP. :\

1 Like

Me neither. I know people use workarounds, but I don’t want to jeopardise my Amazon JP account, as I need it for physical books. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have a 聴き放題 subscription for audible japan. :+1:t2: I always sub for a few months when they offer me a good deal. :rofl:
(I am not using any workaround, though. While amazon is bitchy, audible is happy to accept my money. :eyes:)

You can just create a seperate account for audible if you are worried and use their free trial month.

2 Likes

I shall definitely try this! :smiley:

I’m not interested in re-reading, but I made a vocab sheet for the vocabulary of the first book and here are the recordings from my group’s discussions

3 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing, these look so helpful! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Already tried this, they require a card to finish the trial sign-up, so I’m gate-kept even from that.

1 Like

Do you not have any CC or is it blocking your card? Just curious.

Maybe including that one option in the poll was a bad idea. :sweat_smile:

Would you like to click a poll?
  • No, but I like reading books
0 voters
2 Likes

I have several and none of them work.

I used to have a JCB that worked perfectly for Japanese only transactions but they stopped operations in my country

2 Likes

:cry:
my visa cards have always worked (though I had to call my cc company once, because they blocked a payment to kinokuniya as fraudulent. :melting_face:)
keeping fingers crossed that it keeps working.

2 Likes

I used to love these as a kid, I am kind of intrigued to read a Japanese version of it. I was kind of surprised to see they’re apparently super popular in Japan but they do have a kind of isekai-esque premise

2 Likes

Since there aren’t many people interested in the book club at the moment, I thought we could have a more casual format - instead of a fixed schedule, people can read at their own pace and discuss each story in its own thread (and this would become the home thread).

Since I believe each book contains two stories, I was thinking:

• Magic Tree House Book 1 Part 1: 恐竜の谷の大冒険
  • Magic Tree House Book 1 Part 2: 黒い馬の騎士

and so on…

Thoughts? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like